Credit and Collections Manager
Company: Umdasch Group
Posted on: February 16, 2020
It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing,
manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all
fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of
the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70
Summary of Position:
Provide leadership and support for branch collections ensuring that
customer satisfaction is achieved while improving cash flow by
minimizing past due receivables and meeting financial goals.
Ensures those responsible at the branch level work closely with the
Sales, Operations and Engineering departments to promote sales, and
minimize risk. Willing and capable of working with the Sales,
Operations and Engineering organization to ensure collection
targets are achieved. Prepare management reports to assess
receivables status and identify key actions to improve receivables
- Responsible for Credit and Collections and respective
collection results of the branches.
- Ensure those accountable for Credit and Collections tasks
perform all collection related tasks, including calls and
correspondence, and perform and document follow up activity.
- Identify and evaluate skill level of team in collaboration with
Area/Branch Manager, Country Controller and CFO. Capable of
providing training and taking corrective action if needed.
- Identify and assist in resolving disputed items, and escalated
items involving Sales, Engineering and Operations, when
- Ensure back-up documentation to customers and Sales team -
invoice copies, short payment details, account analysis, proof of
- Accountable for ensuring accurate and timely credit memos,
offsets & write-offs.
- When needed, able to perform credit investigations - D&B
reports, bank & trade references.
- Assess credit worthiness of new & existing customers, approve /
obtain required approvals, recommend actions necessary to protect
Doka's interests, E.G. deposits required, payment plans, etc. and
- Estimate reserve requirements for credit memos and bad debt
- Able to initiate and coordinate activities with Collection
agencies, attorneys, courts, pre-liens, lien actions, and security
- Review, and approve load sheets for shipments to new and
existing customers as needed.
- Prepare reports and attend monthly Credit meetings with
Branch/Area Managers / Branch Collection Managers via phone and at
times in person to review account status and recommend corrective
- Ensure follow through on "action items" assigned at Credit
meetings. Manage and work with local Credit and Collection
representatives and Sales Managers/Account Managers to ensure
assigned actions are carried out on a timely basis.
- Prepare and review monthly aging and DSO reports assessing
status of receivables. Distribute reports with comments
highlighting key accounts, trends, actions taken and recommended
- Ensure customer contracts are completed properly and accurately
(regarding payment terms, shipping and delivery expectations are
clearly stated, damage and returned material terms are clear) and
are maintained in good order at the branch level.
- Reach out to customers and collects from key accounts, when
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Prepare receivables updates / presentations for
- Preparation of analysis, using advanced MS Excel skills.
- Prepare report highlighting issues and suggested actions to
improve receivables outstanding.
- Improve processes and implement state of the art collection
methodology and systems.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- 8 + years experience in Credit & Collections Management;
commercial construction industry experience preferred.
- Proven success managing remote workers with dotted line
responsibilities to local management.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Goal oriented individual with a proven track record of
- Working knowledge of construction lien / bond laws and
- Working knowledge of bankruptcy / UCC laws and
- Strong negotiating and organization skills.
- Strong understanding of financial terminology and accounting
- Microsoft Office experience required including proficiency
- SAP experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, and manage time
This position requires the ability to support the Branches and
serve as a financial liaison resolving issues at times on short
notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues and management.
Consistently delivers high standards of customer service and
This position requires the ability to think strategically. Position
requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the
ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions of an office environment: dry, cool, and well
lighted. To become familiar with the products there may be a need
for occasional visits to the yard or warehouse, where extreme
varied conditions may exist, including, hot, gold, dusty,
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive
compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental,
vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance,
supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan
(Roth and Non-Roth),short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid
time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company
paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join as a Credit and
Collections Manager located in Riverside, California.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your
resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it isnot necessary to apply
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on
Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Umdasch Group, Riverside , Credit and Collections Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!