Company: United Material Handling, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for
executing mid-level general ledger account reconciliations,
accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to
analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company
objectives within UMH.
Staff Account Job Summary/Tasks:
- Performs mid-level general ledger account reconciliations, verify
accuracy of data, and report, identify, and correct errors made by
both internal and external personnel.
- Daily bank reconciliations of all bank accounts
- Prepares prepaid schedules, reconciliations, and monthly journal
- Maintains fixed assets, acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation
- Maintains de minimus schedules for tax compliance.
- Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end
financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet
account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all
operational management accounts
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to
operating maintenance accounts results and variances, and with the
production of working capital, cash-flow reports, as well as
- Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss,
taxes, liabilities, and assets
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and
- Monitor policies and procedures for assigned departments, and
identify and suggest improvements for accounting reporting and
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by
studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining
- Contribute to a strong customer relationship through positive
interactions with all UMH customer personnel and internal
stakeholders at UMH.
- Corporate Finance.
- Reporting Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Reporting Research Results.
- Time Management.
- Data Entry Management.
- Basic Math.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Scheduling and Monitoring.
- Communication Skills.
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Must have Advanced Excel skills.
- Microsoft NAV experience (preferred).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business-related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous general ledger experience.
- Spend Time Sitting, Walking & Standing.
Travel & Language
- No travel is set for this position.
Impact of Decisions
- Frequency of Decision Making
- Impact of Decisions on Co-workers or Company Results.
Pace and Scheduling
- Time Pressure.
United Material Handling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
United Material Handling, Inc. is committed to providing a work
environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and
disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical
conditions), sex stereotype, race, religion (including religious
dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender
identity, gender expression and transgender), national origin
(including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's
license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, marital status, registered domestic partner status,
age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or
regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment,
disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception
that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with
a person who has or is perceived as having any of those
characteristics. In addition, the Company prohibits retaliation
against individuals who raise complaints of discrimination or
harassment or who participate in workplace investigations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: United Material Handling, Inc., Riverside , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!