Financial Analyst II
Company: University of California - Riverside
Posted on: February 13, 2019
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Provide primary financial and analytical support to support several units in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences (CHASS). This position will report to the Dean's office finance team. This position will be responsible for providing financial and budgetary support to the Bilingualism Matters program, and the CHASS F1RST year experience program and any other programs as needed. This position will also act as a college support "floater" to support financial needs throughout the college during peak periods. The finance team works closely with the all departments to execute analyses related to salary increases, budgetary augmentations and complex payroll calculations. The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a team member of both the finance team and the programs they will support. This role requires the incumbent to perform high-level analyses and ad hoc reports in support of personnel and payroll operations. Must be fluent in the best practices for completing complex analyses including strong Excel skills coupled with the ability to manage & navigate large data sets utilizing a range of campus systems and analytic tools independently. Above all, a candidate with a natural curiosity for 'how things work' and an adventurous sense of flexibility along with a solid understanding of end-to-end financial mechanics is well suited for the role. Please note: Finalists will be required to complete an Excel assessment.
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
2 - 4 years of related experience.
Minimum of 2 years experience in Higher Education Environments
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position
Keywords: University of California - Riverside, Riverside , Financial Analyst II, Accounting, Auditing , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!