K-12 Teacher, Open to All Professional Backgrounds and Experience Levels
Company: Teach For America
Posted on: September 12, 2018
*** Applications for the upcoming deadline should be submitted no later than Friday, September 14th, 2018.
Who We Are
At Teach For America (TFA), we believe that all children in our nation deserve a quality education. We recruit, train, and support talented and ambitious individuals to teach in high-need communities across the nation to help advance the movement for educational equity.
We actively recruit a highly diverse corps and encourage career changers and applicants from all professional backgrounds and experience levels to apply. Some corps members join Teach For America with a teaching background, while others have no prior teaching experience. Whether you are looking for a new job opportunity or are considering a career change, we believe that your unique experience and skills can be tremendous assets inside of the classroom.
What You'll Do
As a Teach For America corps member, you'll be a full-time teacher for two years at the preschool, Pre-K, kindergarten, elementary, middle, or high school level, with the opportunity to lead real change and make an immediate impact on your students and the community you serve. Corps members teach a variety of subjects, including (but not limited to): science, math, computer science, humanities, language arts, English, reading, special education, Spanish/bilingual education, ESL, history, social studies, and more.
You'll work in close partnership with colleagues, parents, school administrators, and community members to set ambitious goals for your students and support them on their journey to achieving success. You'll also have the opportunity to enhance your leadership and build skills that you'll draw upon throughout your life, no matter what path you choose after your two year commitment.
As a corps member, you will receive: - comprehensive training - ongoing professional development and support - full salary and benefits - teaching credential. You'll also have limitless opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, while gaining access to a 60,000 strong alumni network, numerous career pathways, as well as access to graduate school and employer partnerships.
We'd Love to Hear From You If:
- You possess a deep-seated belief that every child in America should have an equal opportunity to learn and thrive, regardless of race, ethnicity, location, or socio-economic background.
- You are a recent college graduate, entry-level job seeker, or already have professional experience.
- You have a desire to build stronger communities and empower future generations.
- You are intellectually curious and enjoy learning.
- You are hungry for a job where you can make a deep impact and help create enduring change.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Bachelor's degree by June 2019 or earlier.
- Must be a citizen, national, or legal resident of the United States or have DACA status
Upcoming Application Deadline
Please submit your completed application before the upcoming deadline date: 9/14/18
Teach For America is a non-profit organization.
Keywords: Teach For America, Riverside , K-12 Teacher, Open to All Professional Backgrounds and Experience Levels, Education / Teaching , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!