Summer 2019 Part-Time Business Instructor (Jackson, WY)
Company: University of California - Riverside
Posted on: February 10, 2019
SUMMER 2019 PART-TIME BUSINESS INSTRUCTOR (JACKSON, WY) APPLY NOW TO SUMMER 2019 PART-TIME BUSINESS INSTRUCTOR (JACKSON, WY)
* University Extension - UNEX-International Prof Pgms
Open date: February 1st, 2019
Next review date: March 5th, 2019
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee. Final date: September 30th, 2019
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
International Education Programs, within University of California Riverside (UCR) Extension, invites applicants to teach coursework related to management and hospitality as part of the Certificate in Management or Hospitality and Tourism Management programs at UCR.
UCR Extension offers a professional certificate in conjunction with work within the Grand Teton Lodge Company. Course topics include Advanced Studies in Hospitality Management and Workplace Culture and Communication. Classes will be offered at Grand Teton National Park and will meet once a week (4 hours) over a 10-week period during the daytime from May-October 2019.
* Provide instruction in accordance with the established Instructional Agreement, curriculum, course outlines and class schedule
* Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and complete mandatory training programs by UCR's established deadlines
* Maintain timely, accurate academic records within the learning management system and submit all required course documentation by set deadlines
* Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies to the course
* Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct of ethics
* Become familiar with and follow UCR Extension's Instructor Manual and Curricular Guidelines
* Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
* Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in the field of practice
* Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated syllabi; signing instructor contract; submitting required textbook orders; communicating AV and classroom needs
* Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of international student populations
* Design interactive and motivational classroom activities to fully engage participants and to reinforce student learning
* Update materials periodically, and regularly monitor course evaluations in order to make adjustments and improvements to the curriculum
* Master s degree or higher from an accredited institution
* Extensive background and current work experience in the business industry (minimum 3-5 years)
* Interest and willingness to teach an international student audience
* Local (Jackson, WY) and available to teach on-ground, daytime classes during the week
* Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are legally authorized to work in the United States
* Current knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in subject area
* Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
* Current participation in professional associations
* Strong oral and written communication skills to support effective interaction with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and education partners
* Computer skills sufficient to support preparation of class materials and exams, as well as enable effective communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the education partners
* University teaching experience at the undergraduate/graduate level (or corporate equivalent)
* Experience with online Learning Management Systems
* Experience traveling or living abroad
* UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly linked to providing routes to educational success for underrepresented and first-generation college students. A commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
This is an ongoing recruitment. Part-time instructor applications are accepted throughout the year. When the department has a need to fill, they refer to the pool of applications on file. Part-time, temporary assignments are filled on an as needed basis.
Applications must include:
* Cover letter addressing the basic requirements and preferred qualifications
* Curriculum vitae (including education degrees, teaching sites inclusive of teaching dates, professional organization membership and level of activity
* Statement of contributions to diversity
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course basis and that the instructor has no guarantee, expressed or implied, of continual involvement with the University in any capacity.
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered employment with UCR. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may impact the application status of applicants.
For more information about International Education Programs, please visit http://www.iep.ucr.edu/. For more information about UCR Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
* 3-5 required (contact information only)
Keywords: University of California - Riverside, Riverside , Summer 2019 Part-Time Business Instructor (Jackson, WY), Education / Teaching , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!