Summer 2019 Part-Time ESL Instructor
Company: University of California - Riverside
Posted on: April 18, 2019
SUMMER 2019 PART-TIME ESL INSTRUCTOR APPLY NOW TO SUMMER 2019
PART-TIME ESL INSTRUCTOR
* University Extension - UNEX-International Educ Pgms
Open date: April 8th, 2019
Next review date: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but
those received after the review date will only be considered if the
position has not yet been filled.
International Education Programs (IEP), within University of
California Riverside Extension, invites applicants for a pool of
part-time ESL teaching positions for openings during Summer 2019 in
the areas of IEP Custom and Youth Programs and Intensive English
Programs (IEP). Instructors will join an international education
program that values excellence and has educated international
students for over forty years. IEP classes include test-preparation
classes (e.g., SAT prep) , English for Specific Purposes (e.g.,
Business English, STEAM, Entrepreneurship, etc.), conversational
English, or American cultural topics. Instruction may also include
integrated skills, grammar, writing, reading, speaking & listening,
and a range of elective topics. Part-time instructors are hired
by-agreement and teach a variable schedule. Teaching assignments
are determined shortly before classes begin and are based on course
offerings and student enrollments.
All classes are on-ground classes. Classes meet Monday-Friday and
are generally scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
* Provide instruction in accordance with the established
Instructional Agreement, curriculum, course outlines and class
* Participate in scheduled orientations, meetings, and complete
mandatory training programs by UCR s established deadlines
* Attend scheduled pre-program class-planning meeting
* Attend scheduled teachers meetings and in-services
* Become familiar with and follow IEP s Instructor Manual and
* Maintain timely, accurate academic records within the learning
management system and submit all required course documentation by
set deadlines Communicate teaching objectives and specific learning
outcomes to students, and clearly outline the grading policies for
* Design interactive and motivational classroom activities that
support the instruction of student learning objectives with a
communicative aim to fully engage participants and reinforce
* Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and
* Master's degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics; or in any field
with a TESOL certificate
* Demonstrated excellence in teaching a wide range of ESL levels
and skills including integrated skills
* Proficiency in English suitable to the position
* Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are
legally authorized to work in the United States.
* Minimum 2 years of successful ESL teaching experience
* Experience teaching middle school and/or high school students
* Experience with computer-aided instructions and learning
management systems (i.e., Moodle)
* Experience teaching English for Specific Purposes
* Experience preparing students for TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GRE, and/or
* Current active involvement in the field (i.e., TESOL,
* Proven record of contributions to a supportive team
* UCR is a world-class research university with an exceptionally
diverse undergraduate student body. Its mission is explicitly
linked to providing routes to educational success for
underrepresented and first-generation college students. A
commitment to this mission is a preferred qualification.
Part-time, temporary assignments are filled on an as needed
Applications must include:
* Cover letter addressing the basic requirements and preferred
* Curriculum vitae (including education degrees, teaching sites
inclusive of teaching dates, professional organization membership
and level of activity
* Two letters of recommendation [One letter must be from a
supervisor. The second letter can be from either a supervisor or
colleague. Up to two additional letters can be provided from
* Statement of contributions to diversity
Individuals hired to teach these courses must understand that all
such agreements with the University are made on a course-by-course
basis and that the instructor has no guarantee, expressed or
implied, of continual involvement with the University in any
A background check must be completed satisfactorily before any
candidate can be offered employment with UCR. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may impact the
application status of applicants.
Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this
position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. Selected
candidates will be required to report known or suspected child
abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a
Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to
For more information about International Education Programs, please
visit http://www.iep.ucr.edu/. For more information about UCR
Extension, please visit http://www.extension.ucr.edu/.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More information about this recruitment:
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Past and/or Planned Future Contributions to Advancing
Diversity and Inclusive Excellence - In a Statement of Past and/or
Planned Future Contributions to Advancing Diversity and Inclusive
Excellence , we ask applicants to describe their past and/or
potential future contributions to promoting a diverse, equitable,
and inclusive environment, which is a key requirement of the role
of every faculty member and administrator at UCR. There are
numerous ways to contribute, and a commitment to this part of our
mission can be reflected through research, teaching, supervision,
mentoring, community engagement, service, and any of the other
varied activities that are a part of an academic career.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
* 2-4 letters of reference required
The University of California, Riverside is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an
equal employment opportunity.
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law
The University of California, Riverside is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports.
Keywords: University of California - Riverside, Riverside , Summer 2019 Part-Time ESL Instructor, Education / Teaching , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!