Company: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is a leading company in the
construction and engineering industry. We perform engineering &
construction work in a variety of market segments. We are
headquartered in Los Angeles with business units in LA, Riverside,
San Diego and Ventura performing work throughout California.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Engineer based in
Riverside, CA. and reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis
- Maintaining accurate reporting of both project level and
company level revenue and profit projections.
- Confirming policies and procedures are being met while also
maintaining and updating policies as needed.
- Reviewing team projections and independently assessing;
monetizing all foreseeable risks and potential gains.
- Provide systems training for new employees at different levels,
both operationally and financially.
- Interpreting operational and field input to produce financial
reports to aid management decision-making.
- Closing the loop between the completion of projects and
providing detailed feedback to our estimating department for
incorporation into future bids.
- The successful candidate will work within the Meruelo
Enterprises, Inc. portfolio of companies. The successful candidate
must follow all safety protocols and safe work practices while
performing all duties as assigned.
- Representing as our principle customer interface for billing
exceptions and cash flow management issues.
- Producing detailed construction claims for unforeseen
circumstances and changes to the project specifications or
- Assessment of subcontract bids with recommendations and
reconciliation of interim sub-contract valuations
- Interface with our procurement and equipment department leads
for all cost control matters relating to the procurement of
materials/tools and the renting & maintenance costs of external and
owned construction equipment
- Interfacing with our risk and claims department lead on all
cost matters pertaining to construction related incidents &
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent
combination of technical training and/or related experience
- Typically possesses 2 - 3 years of Project Management or
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
Access, Visio, and Project.
- Demonstrated experience-utilizing Excel to review, manipulate,
and analyze data, some statistics and/or finance coursework or
related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using Crystal Reports, SQL and/or
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Demonstrated experience collaborating on cross-functional teams
to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing excellent analytical and
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accountability for
results, must be able to work independently and as a part of a
- Demonstrated experience developing and facilitating
presentations of data and recommendations.
- Must demonstrate effective decision-making, results delivery,
team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant
technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, interpersonal skills, and the
ability to effectively manage multiple projects and engage in
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand and sit for prolong
periods. The employee is frequently required to use hands to
fingers, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This
description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any
other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with
company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right
to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add
or change the duties of this position any time.
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. offers a very competitive pay and
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Meruelo Enterprises, Inc., Riverside , Cost Engineer, Engineering , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!