Heavy Duty Mechanic
Company: First Student
Posted on: June 21, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop serving
Riverside School District! $30 - $33.50/HR Starting Wage! First
thingsFirst: Who are we? Twice the size of our next largest
competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation
solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5
million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S.
airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the
industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $30 - $33.50 per hour based on experience and qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday Days full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing
guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job duties
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Technician
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test. Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Riverside , Heavy Duty Mechanic, Engineering , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!