Commercial Service Technician III -
Company: ADT Security Services
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Provides on-site maintenance for Commercial Burglar and Advanced Fire Alarm Systems, Advanced Card Access Systems, Advanced IP CCTV Systems, and Integrated Systems.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Commercial Service Technician III may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
- Perform routing and emergency service calls as set forth by the branch manager.
- Troubleshoots and identifies malfunctioning or inoperative equipment on alarm systems by using electronic testing equipment.
- Coordinates inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Provides documentation and completes reports of inventory and vehicle usage.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance, as needed on existing alarm systems.
- Determines backup components to be maintained in stock.
- Trains new users in operation of alarm system equipment.
- Must be able to drive company vehicle to perform duties.
- Maintain good driving record.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair CCTV, Card Access and fire systems and may be required to conduct fire inspections.
- Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership. Knowledge:
- Fundamental knowledge of basic electronics and Ohms law.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Knowledge of Basic IP Networks.
- Knowledge of Burglar Alarm Systems.
- Knowledge of Basic Fire Sprinkler Systems and Fire Alarm Devices.
- Knowledge of Basic CCTV Systems, NVRs, DVRs, etc.
- Knowledge of Basic Access Control Systems, Facility Management systems. Skills:
- Must understand basic electrical theory, electrical safety and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.Abilities:
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
- Ability to drive at night.
- Ability to bend and work in tight spaces.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to crawl under structures or in attics.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years related experience and/or training and five years' experience with various alarm systems and their operation or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Some related prior experience in military, electrical, electronic, or construction field.
- Must be able to pass a company-administered exam to demonstrate proficiency.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be able to hold applicable and state and local licenses where required, prefer Nicet Level II or ESNT.
- Must have a valid driver's license.As of April 2017, Protection1 merged with ADT to become the leading company in the electronic security industry. As we progress through our integration, you will see collateral, building signs and apparel from both companies, but please know: we are on our way to becoming a completely unified ADT and while that happens, we are better together.
Keywords: ADT Security Services, Riverside , Commercial Service Technician III -, Engineering , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!