Manufacturing Engineer II
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: December 5, 2018
Manufacturing Engineer II - 2nd Shift
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 71135BR Date posted 08/14/2018 City Riverside
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called nacelles. UTC Aerospace Systems Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the worlds newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And were not stopping there: were working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, were pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. Thats why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
- The Manufacturing Engineer II is an established and productive professional contributor.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Proposes the sequence of operations and installations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other processes, which may include disassembly/assembly and repairs, to ensure efficiency and optimize performance.
- Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control to ensure compliance and effective production. Checks and validates that mandatory modifications, programs, and bulletins are incorporated or complied with, as required by the customer and the applicable regulatory requirements, to ensure legal compliance and adherence to quality standards.
- Has theoretical to advanced knowledge of work area.
- Problems faced are difficult and may be complex. Works autonomously with limited supervision.
- Influences others within the work area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing engineering experience.
- Experience utilizing and implementing lean manufacturing methods.
- Composites manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace (or similar discipline) Engineering required.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
UTAS4220182United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Riverside , Manufacturing Engineer II, Engineering , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!