Company: OSI Group
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Plan, organize and direct all engineering, project and maintenance
related activity for the plant. Responsible for supervising a group
of employees involved in plant maintenance activities. Oversee
hiring, training, assistance, performance evaluation, grievances,
company rules, morale, compensation and changes in employee status
for maintenance employees.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate and direct the design, layout, installation
and maintenance of the building, building support systems and
production equipment in a cost effective manner in accordance with
corporate and production requirements.
- Plan and provide general project and maintenance schedules to
subordinate supervisor to ensure that the plant is operating
- Oversee investigation and troubleshooting of equipment
malfunctions and direction of repair activities as necessary to
- Assist in the establishment and monitoring of maintenance
supplies, spare parts, replacement parts, tools and contract
services as required.
- Assist in vendor selections, cost negotiations and approve
- Research, implement and recommend improvements to building,
utilities and plant equipment to reduce costs, improve product,
improve efficiencies and improve the general safety of the
- Provide technical assistance to production departments;
diagnose and make recommendations to eliminate production problems
and to improve operating effectiveness through more efficient use
and care of equipment.
- Establish and implement record and filing systems on matters
relating to maintenance, equipment, engineering, research and
- Actively identify and initiate process improvements to
positively impact financial viability, service and product quality,
and customer satisfaction.
- Monitor utilities usage, diagnose excessive consumption rates
and implement procedures to minimize costs.
- Work closely with Plant Manager to develop capital
appropriation budget and provide input on engineering, purchasing
and installation requirements for capital projects.
- Utilizing AutoCad, design equipment, building and plant utility
layouts as required and retain past, present and future layouts on
- Provide around the clock maintenance for the facility.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
regulatory, governmental, safety, environmental considerations.
- Prepare reports of departmental activities as requested.
- Participates in departmental and interdepartmental planning and
management teams and work cross-functionally to improve processes
within the organization, and assist other OSI facilities as
- Coach, motivate, train and effectively manage the performance
of hourly and salaried team members.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
- Minimum five years experience in maintenance supervision
(preferably in meat or other food industry).
- Refrigeration experience highly desirable.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity
and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national
origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment based on
merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , Plant Engineer, Engineering , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!