Case Management Clerk
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for
supporting and coordinating the administrative activities of Case
Management Departments, for example; Utilization, Extended Care,
Outside Medical, etc.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintains production logs, statistics, files, archiving, and
manuals as assigned.
- Orders, retrieves and returns designated medical records.
- Process and organize log sheets, census printouts, notes,
referrals, scans and processes emails, etc.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with
members, physicians, nursing and other members of the health care
- Performs miscellaneous typing of letters, reports, or other
documents as assigned, copying and faxing as needed.
- Performs data entry functions and inquiries on systems
applications, and runs reports as needed.
- Checks patient current eligibility for all admissions, along
with the inquiries, using the current Kaiser systems.
- Assists in processing telephone communications in a courteous,
professional manner with patients, family members, physicians,
nursing and other members of the health care team to the
- Retrieves and faxes appropriate medical records as requested to
assist in the following up Appeals, and transfers to nursing homes,
etc. as directed.
- Ensures Notices of Non-coverage (NONCs) are sent and entered
into data entry log, within 24 hours of notification by Case
Manager, with filing of return receipts attached to the UM NONC
- Assists with delivering equipment to patients as directed by
Case Manager - inpatient only
- Assists with identifying and/or issuing Medicare Important
Message (IM) under direction of Case Manager, and complete
documentation in log and Health Connect - inpatient only
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently supports Compliance and the Principles of
Responsibility (Kaiser Permanente's Code of Conduct) by maintaining
the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the
assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity,
reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal,
state, and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensing
requirements (if applicable) and Kaiser Permanente's policies and
- One (1) year experience within the last three (3) years in a
- High School diploma or GED required.License, Certification,
- N/A.Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute and perform data
entry. Typing must be current within one (1) year. Please contact
Human Resources for testing.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must possess good organizational skills, both verbal and
written, in person and via phone.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills, abilities and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other and to our members/ customers.Preferred
- This position is clerical support for the case management
department for Riverside service area.
- This is a temporary position for approximately 6 months.
- Schedule to include rotating weekends, holidays and floating
within the established seniority section.Kaiser Permanente is an
equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.External
hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Case Management ClerkLOCATION:
Riverside, CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 869085External hires must pass a
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a
manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but
not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Riverside , Case Management Clerk, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!