UCPath Executive Director
Company: University of California - UC Path Center
Posted on: October 15, 2020
To officially apply you must submit your resume and cover letter
The Executive Director position will oversee all areas of the
UCPath Center - customer service, processing, operations, and
support teams. As the leader, this position holds ultimate
accountability for the service center's operations, performance,
and service delivery. This position is responsible for key
management processes including, but not limited to planning,
budgeting, resource management, and talent management. This
individual will lead the transformation from a rapidly growing
start-up organization, to stabilization and optimization of UCPath
The Executive Director will maintain strong working relationships
with campus business leaders and with UC policy experts located in
the UC Office of the President. In addition, the Executive Director
will regularly interact and communicate with the UCPath Advisory
Board made up of a cross section of functional representatives from
the campuses and medical centers. The purpose of the board is to
provide customer input to key strategic operating decisions that
* Establishes relationships with campus, medical center, and UCOP
leaders (customers) at the highest level to ensure that service
delivery requirements are understood, and quality services are
* Provides leadership to the organization and enhances the team's
capabilities; establishes and maintains an effective team
environment with a strong accountability for customer service.
* Drive performance, productivity and efficiency in the center
through clear-cut plans and periodic reviews.
* Actively markets services and procures additional work from UC
locations to leverage centralized resources and reduce the overall
cost of HR and payroll service delivery.
* Leads all senior level hiring efforts; develops and implements
strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged
leadership team by diagnosing capability gaps, recruiting,
selecting, and developing talent.
* Leads the UCPath Center's strategic planning process and
evaluates opportunities for creating a more effective,
* Refines and communicates the vision and mission of the UCPath
Center to the greater University of California community.
* Accountable for managing the budget of the UCPath; works with
leadership team to introduce financial controls and maintains
* Promotes and supports institutional policies, procedures,
mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training
and providing direction to others in their use and application.
* Ensures compliance with all contractual and grant requirements
for all applicable State & Federal agencies.
The position is located at the UCPath Center in Riverside,
Pivotal & Experience and Expertise
* Service Center Leadership -- 8-10 years of experience delivering
service center-based solutions in the HR, payroll and/or benefits
space in a senior management capacity managing complex customer
service centers/call centers (both incoming and outgoing).
* Strategic Partnership -- Past experience creating solutions and
developing win-win partnerships with internal work teams and
external organizations and/or complementary businesses in a
complex, highly consensus-driven environment. Experience in higher
education preferred but not required.
* Operational Excellence -- Experience leading complex, scaled
service centers with a focus on operational effectiveness,
efficiency and customer experience. Experience developing
tech-enabled capabilities, delivering on customer expectations and
implementing continuous improvement strategies.
* Team Leadership -- Previous success building and managing high
performing teams in a dispersed work environment. Experience
leading teams in a remote work environment preferred.
* HR/Payroll Expertise -- Strong working knowledge of best
practices in HR/Payroll services operations management. Deep
understanding of an HR Services environment including all facets of
HR and payroll customer service and transaction processing.
* Puts Customers First - Understands their needs, creates
distinctive values, and builds meaningful relationships.
* Shape Strategy - Envisions a compelling future by anticipating
and interpreting market changes, from which clear strategic
priorities and choices can be made.
* Inspire & Influence -- Builds powerful relationships, help others
find meaning and purpose in their work, and inspires those around
them through energetic engagement.
* Build Talent & Teams - Builds and harnesses highly talented,
diverse teams, coaches and develops others, understands team
dynamics, and strengthens the overall capability of the
* Drive for Results - Coordinates execution by setting appropriate
pace: Evokes ownership and accountability, streamlines
processes/structure, and reallocates resources quickly and
* Disrupt & Challenge -- Continually looks for ways to change
things for the better by challenging conventional ways of thinking
and discovering creative possibilities.
* Lead Innovation -- Experiment and collaborate across boundaries,
create environments that encourage experimentation, scale and
invest in new ideas.
Agility and Potential
* Foresight - Ability to simplify complex problems, develop
creative solutions, and thinking dexterity.
* Learning - Self-awareness, curious, open-minded, courageous.
* Adaptability - Authenticity, empathy, and ability to flex and
* Resilience - Persist and sustain energy in the face of
* Champion Diversity -- A deep commitment to diversity and
* Build Consensus - Ability to lead in a collaborative,
consensus-driven environment, promoting the exchange of information
among project team members.
* Transparency - A problem solver who works with urgency and
transparency to evaluate options, implement solutions and own the
* Bachelor's Degree is a requirement; an appropriate graduate
degree is preferred.
To officially apply you must submit your resume and cover letter to
Initial screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled. UCPath will be assisted in this
effort by Joe Haberman and Olivia Janowicz of Heidrick &
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: University of California - UC Path Center, Riverside , UCPath Executive Director, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!