Company: Athens Services
Posted on: May 11, 2022
General ManagerLocation: US-CA-RiversideJob ID: 2022-3300Number
of Openings 1Category: ManagementSource Code: as16Overview &
Essential Job FunctionsPosition Summary:The General Manager works
in all business aspects (revenue growth, contract compliance and
managing cost) of San Bernardino County (SBC) contract operations.
In addition, the General Manager will ensure the highest standards
of environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively
managing the day-to-day operation and continuous
improvement.Essential Job Functions:
- Manage performance of operations and maintenance managers.
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance, meeting
performance standards and productivity metrics.
- Acting Contract Manager for the Company operating contract with
San Bernardino County, including coordination with County staff and
mid-level management teams.
- Full P&L responsibility of Landfills and Transfer Stations,
including all business aspects of operation (contract management,
revenue growth, cost management, compliance, personnel development,
capital projects, and budget development).
- Effectively lead team of 100+ employees in operation that
includes Landfills, Transfer Station, Transportation, and
- Responsible for implementing recycling diversion and extra work
programs to optimize resources and maximize revenue from available
- Responsible for ensuring optimal workflow, staffing levels, and
equipment utilization to achieve contract compliance, production
and financial goals.
- Develop and coach staff; effectively communicate goals and
expectations, and provide feedback on performance to
- Ensure that facilities comply with all Federal, State, OSHA and
Local regulations and requirements, including all provisions of the
Company operating contract with San Bernardino County.
- Lead scheduled Operations meetings with Leadership Team.
- Review and analyze monthly financial/operational results with
Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- Develop annual operating budget which includes revenue, cost
projections, and capital projects.
- Effectively interact and communicate with vendors, customers,
and other business associates.
- Well versed in all aspects of Waste and Recycling operations,
including latest equipment and technology.
- Ensure the training and development of the skills of the
workforce by providing proper guidance and coaching.
- Engaging in the interview process in order to hire the most
talented and qualified personnel.
- Establish the necessary procedures to ensure overall safety of
employees, customers and visitors.
- Engage employees to create a safe, energetic work environment
through feedback and recognition.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of facility, equipment,
and property through inspections and preventive maintenance
programs. Qualifications & Environmental DemandsRequired
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering preferred)
- 7 to 10 year's landfill management experience.
- Certified as Manager of Landfill Operations (MOLO).
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, Dust Control, and other related state
and federal regulations.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, problem solving and
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coach and develop
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with general public and
regulatory agencies as well as political contacts.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a solid waste industry or industrial or
manufacturing environment. Physical/Environmental Demands:
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical
ability, organization, concentration, working with interruptions &
interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination continuously.
- Climbing (Stairs/Ladders), standing, walking, fingering
(typing), handling (holding), & calculating frequently.
- Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, reaching,
sitting, wrist motion occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil,
hot/cold temperatures, vibration, & unprotected heights
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, standing on
concrete, and uneven or slippery surfaces occasionally.
- Works inside & outside.BenefitsBenefits:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environmentPI177075758
Keywords: Athens Services, Riverside , General Manager, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!