Maintenance Manager - Landfill/Transfer
Company: Athens Services
Posted on: May 14, 2022
& Essential Job Functions Position Summary: The Maintenance
Manager - Landfill/Transfer will oversee all shop activities
working with the Heavy Equipment Mechanics and Lube Technicians to
ensure that the maintenance of all company equipment is being
completed in a safe and timely manner. The Maintenance Manager -
Landfill/Transfer will be consistently reviewing and auditing all
maintenance programs in order to ensure success of the equipment
maintenance department. Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the Fleet Periodic Maintenance Inspection Program by
regularly reviewing and auditing processes/procedures to ensure
that the maintenance employees are performing quality
inspections/repairs, documenting all repairs, and making process
alterations as needed.
- General supervision of heavy equipment mechanics and lube
- Prioritize workload according to safety factors & operational
needs and ensures workload is evenly distributed.
- Reviews productivity levels and the progress of all
- Oversee and monitor equipment compliance by ensuring daily
inspections of all Company equipment & vehicles that are governed
under the Federal and State regulatory agencies (Federal Motor
- Monitors BIT programs to ensure they are done in a timely
manner consistent with all regulatory DOT requirements.
- Maintain safe work environment by ensuring safe work practices
- Conduct weekly/monthly safety meetings.
- Administer company policy and procedures and promote positive
- Ensures proper parts inventory management and organization.
Performs regular inspections to guarantee processes are being
- Provide proper coaching and/or mentorship to all maintenance
employees that will help promote a healthy and positive work
- Promote the use of relevant technology and information systems
that improve shop performance such as Dossier. Qualifications &
Environmental Demands Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- 2 - 5 years' experience as a Maintenance Manager - directly
managing 15+ shop employees daily.
- Work experience with environmental compliance (storm water
reporting, hazmat manifests, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of Motor Carrier BIT Inspection Program,
D.O.T. Regulations, North American Out of Service Criteria, CSA
- Self-motivated, highly competitive, and results-oriented with a
proven and documented history of success.
- Proficiency level skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Ability to
learn our internal maintenance software quickly.
- Valid Class A license with satisfactory driving record.
- Work experience in successfully implementing safety programs
and processes in a fleet environment.
- Work experience resolving human resource and labor relations
issues with employees.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Bilingual (English /Spanish).
- Highly proficient in equipment and/or fleet maintenance and
- Vendor management and purchasing systems experience.
- An extensive background as a mechanic, shop supervisor or fleet
manager with three or more years of hands-on experience is
- Waste industry experience.
- Mechanical school certificate and/or ASE certification(s).
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical
ability, organization, concentration, Eye/hand coordination,
working with interruptions & interpersonal abilities
- Sitting, standing, & walking frequently.
- Handling (holding), balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling,
pushing, & reaching occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil,
hot/cold temperatures, & vibration frequently.
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, standing on
concrete, and uneven or slippery surfaces occasionally.
- Works inside & outside. Benefits Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment Athens will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state,
federal or local laws.
Keywords: Athens Services, Riverside , Maintenance Manager - Landfill/Transfer, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!