Fleet Service Manager
Company: HCI Inc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Summary:The Fleet Service Manager will oversee the entire
fleet and service department, PM's, DOT, BIT compliance, DOORS,
ROARS, TRUCKS, oversee daily operations, and be responsible for
maintenance and repair of the company's fleet of vehicles, trucks,
and heavy equipment. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Hires and trains shop employees.
- Ensure safety compliance
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of shop
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy.
- Primary contact related to vehicles issues, maintenance, and
- Plans and coordinates tasks and activities of company's fleet
auto repair shop, working on gas- and diesel-powered vehicles,
trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Prepares maintenance schedules for motor vehicles and heavy
equipment; notifies drivers and operators when maintenance is to be
- Operates diagnostic equipment to determine repairs that need to
- Performs repairs and maintenance for company vehicles and
- Maintains database of maintenance and repair records for
company vehicles and equipment.
- Oversees shop inventory, orders parts, shop supplies, and
- Ensures all applicable safety standards and regulations are
followed in facility.
- Inspects Work in progress to assure conformance with
established maintenance and repair practices
- Follow up to expedite urgent work orders as necessary
- Create work procedures for maintenance activities when
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine repair.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle, truck, and heavy equipment
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to
maintain service record database and track inventory.
- Knowledge of safety and compliance standardsEducation and
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Vocational or technical school training preferred.Physical
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to physically perform repairs.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform
repairs and inspections. Developing Your Career at HCI, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of
people, communities, and companies.
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated
people come together for greater results.
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless
opportunities to learn and grow.BENEFITS:We offer excellent
benefits and a competitive salary based on experience and talent
learned over the years. Our benefits package includes the
following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), PTO and a variety
of voluntary benefit plans to choose from. We also have a referral
bonus program! HCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination, harassment or retaliation. All aspects of
employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or
discharge is based on job requirement, individual qualifications,
merit, and business needs. HCI does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex
(including pregnancy), age, disability (includes physical or
mental), citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, marital status, civil union or domestic
partnership status, military or veteran status, family medical
history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any
other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local
law.Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer HCI Human
Resources ("HCI HR") provides HR services to the HCI units within
the U.S.A. As such, HCI HR is the sole authorized representative of
HCI to execute any agreements with search firms, employment
agencies or any employment vendor ("Vendor"). As a condition
precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both
(1) HCI Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order
executed by an authorized HCI HR repr0esentative. Absent the
properly executed documents, HCI HR shall have no obligation to
make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from
any employee of HCI business units shall not be considered binding
obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be
considered property of HCI HR. PI180689650
Keywords: HCI Inc, Riverside , Fleet Service Manager, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!