Director of Procurement
Company: HCI Inc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Director of Procurement The Director of Procurement reviews
vendor quality and maintains price controls and inventory flows to
identify and implement efficient purchasing programs. Develops and
directs objectives, policies, and processes regarding all
purchasing functions. Being a Director of Procurement typically
reports to top management. Bachelor's degree preferred. Creates
functional strategies, and specific objectives and develops
budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional
infrastructure. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and
solid knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a
Director of Procurement typically requires 5+ years of managerial
experience. What We're Looking For:
- Experience developing and leading high-performing teams.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced
- APICS or Supply Chain Certification is preferred.
- Experience with technology sourcing preferred.
- Experience with State procurement policy and procedures.
- Strategic Thinker: Thought Leader.
- Enthusiasm for engaging with diverse environments and cultures,
relationship building, and international travel.
- Creative Thinker: Values innovation. Effectively blends
creative competence with excellence.
- Experience in high education
- Drives Organizational Capability
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain or related field or
master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance, or
related field; Preferred, not required
- Strong Business Results Orientation: Ability to align
Procurement agenda with broader business parameters. Excellent
- Working knowledge of ERP applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.What You'll Do:
- Discover and partner with reliable vendors, suppliers,
- Negotiate terms and manage a portfolio of subcontractors to
provide numerous services
- Research and anticipate shifts in negotiating power of
- Develop effective negotiation strategies and secure profitable
- Assess staff competencies; develop and retain high-performing
- Function as a leader for the finance organization in Nashville
as Eventbrite hires other functions in that location
- Development of KPIs for strategic sourcing with cyclical
delivery which drives continuous improvement.
- Take ownership of training program to empower internal customer
- Managing and cultivating new and existing relationships with a
large portfolio of supply vendors, and international
- Recruit and nurture additional purchasing talent.
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion.
- Formulate, manage, and execute cost savings and innovation
- Develop and implement forward-thinking procurement strategies
to both optimize spending, minimize risk, and generate
- Creation of an effective preferred supplier program and
installation of organizational discipline on onboarding new
- Integrate the procurement functions for acquired companies and
rapidly leverage the added volume.
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and
cost-effective purchasing processes for the business HCI is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employees
with a work environment free of discrimination, harassment, or
retaliation. All aspects of employment including the decision to
hire, promote, discipline or discharge is based on the job
requirement, individual qualifications, merit, and business needs.
HCI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age,
disability (including physical or mental), citizenship status,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital
status, civil union or domestic partnership status, military or
veteran status, family medical history or genetic information,
family or parental status, or any other protected characteristics
under federal, state, or local law.Search Firm and Employment
Agency Disclaimer HCI Human Resources ("HCI HR") provides HR
services to the HCI units within the U.S.A. As such, HCI HR is the
sole authorized representative of HCI to execute any agreements
with search firms, employment agencies, or any employment vendor
("Vendor"). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for
payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) an HCI Placement Agreement,
and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized HCI HR
repr0esentative. Absent the properly executed documents, HCI HR
shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or
written communications from any employee of HCI business units
shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether
unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of HCI HR.
APPLY TODAY! PI180174695
Keywords: HCI Inc, Riverside , Director of Procurement, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!