Business Control Manager
Company: Bank of America Corporation
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The candidate will support the Preferred Banking Supervision &
Controls organization to create a best-in-class overall client
experience and risk controls environment. The role will focus on
providing a high level of service to clients & internal partners,
mitigating risk, and supporting controls across the line of
business and Enterprise.
* Operational errors that result in an operational loss are subject
to Enterprise reporting requirements. As a result, these
operational losses require a manual post mortem review to help
mitigate and eliminate risk and operational losses, including but
not limited to gap analysis, identification of remediation
opportunities, and submission into the Enterprise system of record
(i.e. ORCIT). Operational losses are also tracked versus the
specific line of business risk appetite or loss forecast.
* Assist with routine and Ad Hoc reporting (i.e. Op Loss),
projects, training, and trend identification as they relate to
Operational Losses and Risk Appetite.
* Partner with key business stakeholders across Preferred Banking,
Consumer Investments FLU's, as well as, other Enterprise partners
from Fraud Strategy, Fraud Risk, Market Risk (i.e. Trade
Corrections, System Outages), Credit Risk (i.e. Overdraft), and
* Support additional Business Controls Platform Risk related
processes, including: Fraud Management, Preferred Op Loss, and
Credit related losses..
* Utilize data to help identify trends and specify areas of
improvements/solutions to mitigate operational risk.
* Establish communication forums with internal clients and business
partners, identify opportunities to improve internal processes, and
enhance the client experience.
* Establish action plans for short-term & long-term tactical and
strategic initiatives/projects to help mitigate future risks.
The candidate will be comfortable navigating a complex organization
while developing relationships that are necessary to achieve client
resolution. The desired candidate will possess a committed focus on
meeting client needs and always exceeding expectations.
Assist in the execution of internal control discipline and
operational excellence within a LOB or ECF. Execute LOB/ECF
specific processes and tools to drive adherence to enterprise-wide
Standards. Support the implementation of QA/QC processes within the
LOB/ECF through ongoing monitoring and testing of controls.
Identify issues and/or control improvements for remediation, whilst
assisting in building out actions plans and milestones. Acts as an
ambassador of the risk culture. Develop and direct staff.
Incumbents typically have over 8+ years of risk management and
Understanding of Financial Center business and clients
* Demonstrates leadership, leading through change and process
improvements to deliver results
* Strong analytical capability to drive root cause analysis,
demonstrate attention to detail, deliver concise and value added
reporting & updates to Leadership
* Demonstrates strong problem solving, follow up skills and ability
to escalate and gain resolution as needed
* Self-starter able to work independently, with minimal oversight
* Ability to quickly develop subject matter expertise across a
broad spectrum of issues
* Strong organization skills, including the ability to manage
multiple responsibilities, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* 3 or more years work experience in financial services
* Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word
* Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and other Office Suite
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Keywords: Bank of America Corporation, Riverside , Business Control Manager, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!