ABL Senior Director
Company: Fifth Third
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Make banking a Fifth Third better -We connect great people to
great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover
a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.***Can consider qualified
candidates in multiple geographies within the Fifth Third Bank
footprint***GENERAL FUNCTION: - The ABL Senior Director
participates in the execution and achievement of the Middle Market
Banking Group's strategic initiatives through day-to-day
relationship management of a portfolio of ABL customers as the
primary contact and contributes to the group's profit objectives by
participating in the retention, amendment, and renewal process of
existing accounts within the assigned portfolio.The role is
responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and
opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and
procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing
for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and
behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating
within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently
identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks
of all types.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the ongoing credit risk of a portfolio of ABL
relationships and participates in portfolio meetings with senior
- In addition to managing assigned accounts, this position also
manages up to four Account Executives and reviews, supervises and
assists them with managing the clients and loan portfolios assigned
to the Account Executives.
- Will go out independently on complex client calls.
- With manager supervision, will meet with accounts proposed to
be transferred from Commercial to ABL and execute a successful
transfer plan and set and meet client expectations regarding such
- Responsible for working on complex deals, including
restructurings and acquisitions by client.
- With manager input, develop and execute appropriate strategies
for workouts and problem clients.
- Ensures ongoing customer satisfaction through managing both the
loan structure and customer interface with line and support
functions who service their accounts.
- Retains existing customer relationships designated in a
- Identifies and coordinates the introduction of additional bank
products and benefits to existing customers.
- Maintains up to date trend cards, credit files and legal files
through our departments' resources.
- Notes negative trends early and strategizes best solutions for
bank, through maintaining trend cards, preparing and presenting
credit write-ups and watch asset reports.
- Develops and maintains internal relationships following
established processes and procedures.
- Monitors timeliness of reporting, tickler information and
ensures bank has accurate information to make decisions and be
expert on the accounts and the legal and credit files. Can
independently raise legal issues that may affect a specific
transaction as to secured transaction laws and creditor rights
- Performs additional job related duties as assigned.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and
regulations.SUPERVISORY - - RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for
providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance
feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and
provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career
growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate
bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding
employees for accomplishments.#LI-JB1MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheet software.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting
or business preferred from a four-year college or university. At
least five years of experience in an Asset Based Lending
environment, in underwriting or field examination, or as a loan
officer; or equivalent combination of education and
- Prior experience managing simple to medium complex work-outs
independently and in assisting on complex workouts.All the above
duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which
reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed
indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability
deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position
description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required
to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their
supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.ABL Senior
DirectorTotal Base Pay Range 113,500.00 - 227,500.00 USD
AnnualLOCATION -- Chicago, Illinois 60606Fifth Third Bank, National
Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and
to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all
employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national
origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally
Keywords: Fifth Third, Riverside , ABL Senior Director, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!