Company: OSI Group
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Responsible for managing the facility's quality control
activities and results through subordinate staff and by developing
and deploying programs and processes based on a variety of quality
- Develop facility quality control procedures using statistical
process control (SPC), hazard analysis and critical control points
(HACCP) and total quality management (TQM) principles that ensure
quality and production targets are met.
- Ensure that complete and accurate records are maintained for
all government requirements and quality programs within the
facility through the management of quality control department staff
- Monitor and audit sanitation processes with regards to their
impact on quality and make recommendations of process changes as
necessary to meet quality standards. Meet with plant cross
functional team and contract sanitation weekly to review
performance and sanitation KPIs.
- Serve as the primary facility liaison during internal or
external quality or food safety audits; respond to requests for
information, coordinate on-site resources, and provide subject
- Investigate quality complaints; document complaint,
investigation, conclusion and any related recommendations for
customer or company actions. Work with customer to fully resolve
- Compile and analyze quality performance data to identify areas
for operational improvement. Develop reports and reporting
processes for data and resulting analysis and recommendations to be
delivered to management.
- Participate on project teams such as the development of new
products or new processes or the installation of new equipment by
providing analyses on quality impact and needs. Actively
participate in plant trials and commercialization of new
- Oversight of hiring, training, development, discipline and
termination of quality department staff.
- Maintain personal knowledge of current and developing
government food regulations and food industry trends.
- Work with customers on new product development.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science, or related
- At least five years supervisory or management experience in a
food manufacturing environment working in or with Production,
Quality Control, Inspection, or Sanitation
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and
critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety,
quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate
direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and
identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using
effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of
frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications;
specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to
record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate
internally and externally.
- 85% of the time will be standing and sitting in an office
- 15% of the time will be on the production floor which will
include exposure to chemicals, cold (40 degrees) and a wet working
- Will be exposed to raw product (meat) and meat processing
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and
respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin,
gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications
and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , QA Manager, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!