Director-Health Information Management
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Category: *Health Information Management Pacific Grove
5900 Brockton Ave
Riverside, CA 92506, USA
- Acadia 401K Plan with match
- Professional Growth
- Paid Holiday, Personal Time, Sick timePURPOSE
STATEMENT:Responsible for the overall leadership and management of
the Health Information Management Department (HIM) in the capacity
of planning, organizing and managing electronic and paper clinical
content, electronic data integrity, accessibility, use, and
protection of health information. -ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain department productivity, quality and efficiency for
all processes within the department.
- Responsible for information governance to ensure facility-wide
health data integrity, privacy, and security.
- Implement processes and systems to support accurate and
complete medical record documentation.
- Oversee and assist with data collection, storage, retrieval,
assembly, analysis, filing and retention of medical
- Prepare and analyze clinical data for research purposes,
process improvement, utilization management, mandatory reporting,
- Provide staff management to including hiring, development,
training, performance management and communication to ensure
effective and efficient department operation.
- Work with physicians to improve the quality of
- Work with coding staff to ensure accurate coding for
reimbursement and clinical care.
- Oversee data collection, storage, retrieval, filing and
retention of medical records/data.
- Audit records and data for accuracy, compliance and timeliness.
Review results with administration, medical, nursing and clinical
- Ensure documentation is filed in the medical records in an
accurate and timely manner and ensure that the medical record is
complete (including signatures) and closed within facility
- Interface with inside/outside legal counsel regarding content
of medical records.
- Work as liaison between facility and transcription vendor to
ensure high quality, accurate, complete and timeliness of
- Ensure HIM Key Indicators are tracked and reported monthly to
the Performance Improvement Committee.
- Ensure State Reporting is accurate, complete and reported
- May oversee and/or complete coding according to current ICD
and/or CPT coding classifications.
- May serve as the facility Privacy Officer.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other functions and tasks as
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
with specialization in health information administration preferred.
- Four or more years' experience managing/supervising a medical
record department required.
- Two or more years' of behavioral health experience
- Working knowledge in ICD-10-PCS and DSM IV coding systems
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required or
ability to obtain within six months of hire date.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
preferred.Compensation for roles at Pacific Grove Hospital varies
depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to
the specific location, role, skill set, and level of experience.As
required by local law, Pacific Grove provides a reasonable hourly
range of compensation for roles that may be hired in as set forth
below.Location: CaliforniaSalary Range 73.56 -
110,354.40QualificationsSkillsRequired Leadership Advanced Problem
Solving Advanced Advanced Attention to Detail Advanced
BehaviorsPreferredLeader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
original thinking Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on
a subject Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task
with all details necessary to get the task done well Dedicated:
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
MotivationsPreferredSelf-Starter: Inspired to perform without
outside help Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by
the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organization EducationRequiredHigh School/GED or better.Licenses &
CertificationsRequiredEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Riverside , Director-Health Information Management, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...