Senior Tax Manager - Tax Director
Company: Regal Executive Search
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is
consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
As part of their growth strategic plans, we are looking to fill an
exceptional opportunity for a Tax Director
The Tax Director responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete,
and timely preparation of all clients' tax returns. Advanced
technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along
with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills
The Director makes decisions on all but the most unusual tax
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns
and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and
delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced
technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that
assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an
accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning
efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A
staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax
Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is
delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax
and tax developments affecting the firms' clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may
represent the client before the appropriate taxing
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff
members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in
recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and
acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through
the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely
preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Adheres to accurate and timely billing and collection processes
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms' philosophy and its
opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of
possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to
time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research
software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through
involvement with referral sources, community and industry
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports
compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research,
and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet
- Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of
Managers, Supervising Seniors, Seniors, Semi-seniors and Staff
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff
members for the development and instruction of their training
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the Tax
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients' offices,
meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at
clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy
overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess
of 55 hours per week.
- Minimal Hazards.
- General office working conditions.
Requirements - Minimum Qualifications:
- At least five years' tax management experience in public
accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity,
scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years' experience representing clients before
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work
of tax preparers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's degree in
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each
year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute
- Participates in career development program to improve
managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review
and immediate interview.
- Audit Associate
- Full Charge Bookkeeper - Outsourced Senior Accountant
- SEC Audit Manager - Regulator
Irvine, CA Login to save this search and get notified of similar
Keywords: Regal Executive Search, Riverside , Senior Tax Manager - Tax Director, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...