Manager, EHS - Riverside, CA
Company: GXO Logistics
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Logistics at full potential. At GXO, we're constantly looking for
talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of
service our company requires. You know that a positive work
environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and
dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work
and the resources to build a career you can be proud of. As the
Manager, Environmental Health, and Safety (EHS), you will be
responsible for overseeing workplace safety, environmental
compliance and supporting our sustainability initiatives at
multiple sites within a geographical and/or metropolitan area(s).
This is a multi-site role with local travel. You will directly
partner with operational leadership to promote EHS success by
working as part of a team to identify opportunities to actively
engage employees, leveraging expertise and technologies to solve
complex problems to enable continued growth of our EHS culture and
performance excellence. We are gamechangers, your assignment will
enable you to learn, teach and grow as a professional. Pay,
benefits and more.We are eager to attract the best, so we offer
competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including
full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life
insurance, disability and more. What you'll do on a typical
- Lead EHS by influencing and educating team members to deliver a
strong EHS culture and value to our employees and customers.
- Manage EHS programs at multiple locations within a geographical
and/or metropolitan area(s).
- Ensure operations understand the EHS function by embedding and
validating expectations, processes, and procedures, ultimately
achieving company and customer objectives for EHS performance.
- Work with leaders to foster workplace safety and compliance
(including permits, licensing, and sustainability) in alignment
with company policies and applicable regulations.
- Proactively conduct evaluations in all sites to assess risk,
effectiveness of controls and to implement changes as needed to
improve the overall effectiveness of processes, training, visual
tools, and equipment.
- Participate in incident investigations; ensure complete and
accurate incident documentation and reporting
- Participate in new process reviews, including job hazard
analysis, new process training, etc.
- Analyze safety and health data, develop metrics, and create and
distribute reports for leadership
- Generate and maintain required reports; research injury reports
for trends and necessary modifications to controls, including
personal protective equipment.
- Develop an interdependent EHS culture at your sites as the
- Grow your own career through continuous development of
expertise and leadership skills.
- Apply domain expertise to influence key stakeholders and solve
problems. Engage, influence, and foster the ownership of shared
- Leverage data and reporting to maintain required compliance, to
identify opportunities to improve performance, to implement
innovative ideas and sustainable solutions as needed.What you need
to succeed at GXO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of environmental, health and safety experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the supply chain
and logistics industry.
- Knowledge of industry-related state and federal rules and
regulations for hazardous and universal waste, stormwater, and a
fundamental knowledge of permitting and compliance assurance.
- Experience reporting EHS metrics including leading and lagging
- General knowledge of environmental reporting e.g. Tier II,
hazardous waste and stormwater.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Basics of lean manufacturing.
- Experience in working with regulatory partners.It'd be great if
you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a
- 5-7 years of EHS experience
- Desire and ability to work as a team member with shared
- Creative energy and passion for sustainability and workplace
- Availability to travel daily within a geographical and/or
- Knowledge of EHS in a warehousing/distribution environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Solid leadership and customer service skills We engineer
faster, smarter, leaner supply chains. GXO is a leading provider of
cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful
companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods
most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest
strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all
experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding
COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply
with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and
customers. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of
employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug
test. The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement
Keywords: GXO Logistics, Riverside , Manager, EHS - Riverside, CA, Executive , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!