Dentist - BORREGO
Posted on: September 16, 2022
This opportunity is reserved for current Borrego employees who
are confirmed to transition to Neighborhood on 9/1. About
UsCommunity health is about more than just vaccines and checkups.
Its about giving people the resources they need to live their best
lives. At Neighborhood, this is our vision. A community where
everyone is healthy and happy. Were with you every step of the way,
with the care you need for each of lifes chapters. At Neighborhood,
we are Better Together.As a private, non-profit 501(C) (3)
community health organization, we serve over 350k medical, dental,
and behavioral health visits from more than 77k people annually. We
do this in pursuit of our mission to improve the health and
happiness of the communities we serve by providing quality care to
all, regardless of situation or circumstance.We have been doing
this since 1969 and it is our employees that make this mission a
reality. Regardless of the role, our team focuses on being
compassionate, having integrity, being professional, always
collaborating, and consistently going above and beyond. If that
sounds like an organization you want to be a part of, we would love
to have you.Neighborhood is looking for a Dentist to join our
Dental Team. As part of the dental team you and your Registered
Dental Assistants will provide dental care and education to our
patients while promoting an environment of quality care, teamwork,
and professional patient service.DIRECT PATIENT CARE
- Provides hands-on dental care in a variety of settings while
achieving the highest levels of appropriateness, quality,
efficiency, accessibility and responsiveness.
- Provide comprehensive dental care, services and preventive
health education/techniques according to procedure for patient of
Neighborhood Healthcare while remaining adaptable and
- Assess dental needs and refer patients as necessary to dental
specialists or medical providers using medical staff protocols for
referral, follow-up and quality assurance.
- Perform dental procedures and services that are within the
approved sills profile and/or scope of practice.CLINICAL
- Maintains productivity standards within 10% of the practice
goal and/or as required.
- Perform in high volume and emergency situations as
- Start clinic on or before the scheduled time.
- Accepts additional patients into the schedule when
- Accommodates urgent patients including walk-ins.
- Minimizes rescheduling of patients; provides direction on what
to do when it becomes necessary
- Completes and submits all billing before leaving for the
- Completes billing to reflect accurate coding and charges of all
- Advises managers of equipment and supply problems.
- Works closely with Dental Director on improving efficiency,
patient flow, and revenues.
- Maintains necessary credentialing, licensure and continuing
- Adhere to Neighborhood Healthcare Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Agree to comply with adopted Neighborhood Healthcare clinical
- Assist the Dental Director or Dental Site Manager with employee
evaluations for the Dental PSRs or Dental Assistants as
- Be responsible for attending continuing education programs and
provide evidence of necessary education completion to upgrade
dental skills and maintain licensing requirements.
- Assist the Dental Director in program development as
- Participate in Quality Assurance Program including audits, peer
review, patient satisfaction, protocol development and in-servicing
- Contribute to the success of Neighborhood Healthcare by
participating in quality improvement activities.
- Attend meetings and other in-service training as established by
the Dental Director.
- Complete legible and legally defensible dental records in a
timely manner on a daily basis.RequirementsEducation:DDS or DMD
degree from an accredited college or university with major course
work in general dentistry. Current licensure in the state of
California. DEA license. Current CPR/AED
certificationSkills:Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or
infection control standards. Thorough knowledge of the principles
and practices of modern dentistry and oral surgery. Thorough
knowledge of dental terminology and dental science. Thorough
understanding of the theories, methods and procedures for the
prevention of dental diseases and the required corrective
treatment. Knowledge of community-based dental environment.
Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the
delivery of dental evaluations, diagnosis and treatment. Knowledge
of ethical and legal standards for the delivery of dental care.
Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions and
progress. Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical
patient care aides and ability to prescribe dosage and instruct
patients in correct usage. Ability to develop and implement
individualized dental care plans for patients.Experience:Minimum 3
years general dentistry required.
- Fine hand manipulation, Picking up, typing or otherwise
working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or
importantspoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push,pull or otherwise move objects, including the human
body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walkingand standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.Candidate
must be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus and demonstrate
proof of that vaccine upon hire, unless the employee is approved
for a disability or religious accommodation.Your full LinkedIn
will be shared. Learn More
Keywords: Nhcare, Riverside , Dentist - BORREGO, Healthcare , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!