PACU Registered Nurse
Company: Huntington Health
Posted on: September 17, 2022
When you join the Huntington Health team, you are aligning
yourself with an organization whose values drive our philosophy of
compassionate community care. Over the past 129 years, we've grown
from a small 16-bed hospital to a nationally recognized healthcare
leader with 619 beds. As part of our commitment to providing
equitable, high-quality care to all members of our community, we
embrace differences and work hard to create a place of belonging
for our patients and our employees. When you join the Huntington
family, you'll be empowered to enact change that continuously
improves our ability to deliver world-class care, with kindness and
dignity, to all who need it. Expectations: The PACU Registered
Nurse (RN) Responsible for coordination of care to meet identified
needs of the patient/family. Supervises the management of patient
care utilizing critical thinking and nursing process, discharge
planning, resource identification, linking and scheduling patients
with required services, monitoring care delivery, advocating for
the patient, care planning and evaluating outcomes. Coordinates
patient care across the health care continuum and assists other
team members with meeting individual patient needs. The PACU RN
provides concentrated observation and care of patients of all ages
during the immediate post anesthesia period and facilitates the
patients care through a collaborative effort with physicians and
other health care team members, including transfer on a continuum
of care to the appropriate department. This position may require
flexibility of hours. Education:
- BSN or MSN required Experience/Training:
- One-year Critical Care, PACU and Trauma Center experience
- Must challenge and successfully pass the Basic Dysrhythmia
course curriculum within 21 days of hire. -
- Basic computer skills/experience with computerized
documentation systems required. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current active unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license
issued by State of California.
- Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS Provider
- CPAN or related certification, preferred Benefits Include: -
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental & Vision -
- Shift Differentials
- Generous PTO & Sick Time (Start accruing on date of hire)
- 403(b) Retirement Saving Account
- Flex Spending Accounts -
- Employee Wellness & Reward Programs -
- On-site Concierge Program (Designed to help employee's complete
their 'to-do' lists and enhance their work/life balance)
- Pet Insurance - Skills:
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering care utilizing advanced
knowledge base of Cardiovascular, Neuro, Respiratory, and Metabolic
issues as pertains to the individual patient.
- Moves patients toward discharge to the next level of care
following the established discharge criteria including but not
limited to Aldrete score, dermatome level, stable BP, heart rate,
oxygen saturation of 94% or higher, and proper Pain
- Communicates appropriately with the MD on any patient status
variance that influences an expected progressive recovery course
toward transfer to the next level of care.
- Accompanies the patient on transfer and gives a thorough report
utilizing appropriate Hand-Off format, including a review of the
post operative orders, to the receiving RN.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with ECTs.
- Maintains annual competencies via skills validation and
- Attends a code blue drill every twelve months.
- Maintains basic knowledge of Joint Commission requirements and
the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Customer Service standards by
providing information to patient, visitors, coworkers, and
physicians in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner. PandoLogic.
Keywords: PACU Nurse, Location: Riverside, CA - 92517
Keywords: Huntington Health, Riverside , PACU Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!