RN / Registered Nurse / California / Any / Physician Assistant Southern California Job
Company: Nurse Job Board
Posted on: September 22, 2022
REF: CO155 Full Time and Permanent Physician Assistant needed!
Southern California Cardiac
- Job Objective:A brief overview of the position.
- The Physician Assistant (PA) assists in OR and is responsible
for the management of care of the cardiac surgery patient across
inpatient healthcare Continuum.
- Reports to
- Administrative Director, Surgical Services and Supervising
- Required: Physician Assistant license by PA's Examining
Committee of the Medical Board of California; and American Heart
Association BLS and ACLS.
- Preferred: Acute cardiac pre to post-op management.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Utilizes the medical model to manage patient care. Completes
management of care by:
- Providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Health promotion and disease prevention-based goals for
- Provide counseling and education Offer collaborative
- Provide risk assessment to families and community.
- Primary and acute care level of intervention.
- Assesses the health status of patients by completing the
- Obtains a relevant health and medical history
- Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
- Performs or orders diagnostic procedures based on the client's
- Identifies health and medical risk factors.
- Makes accurate diagnosis by:
- Utilizing critical thinking in the diagnostic process.
- Synthesizing and analyzing the collected data.
- Formulating a differential diagnosis based on the history,
physical examination, and diagnostic test results.
- Establishing priorities to meet the health and medical needs of
- Develops a treatment plan under the supervising physician to
maximize health potential.
- Selecting appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- Developing a patient education plan and providing patient
- Appropriate consultation/referral.
- Interventions are based on priorities and are individualized
and consistent with plan of care.
- Evaluates and follows up on patient status making modifications
in the treatment plan as necessary based on reassessment.
- Recognizes priorities in critical situations and acts in a
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology, and
- Provides intra-operative exposure and retraction.
- Retracts tissues or organs by use of the hand.
- Places and holds surgical retractors.
- Packs sponges or laparotomy pads into body cavities to hold
tissues or organs out of the operative field.
- Manages all instruments in the operative field to prevent
obstruction of the surgeon's view.
- Sutures tissue, using instruments and suture material.
- Correctly approximates tissue layers.
- Approximates tissue appropriately to avoid excess tension and
- Ties knots firmly to avoid slipping.
- Uses staples, clips or other devices to approximate
- Handles tissues and manipulates instruments to perform:
- Superficial dissection.
- Harvesting of saphenousvein 1. open 2. bridging 3. endoscopic
Provides hemostasis by:
- Aspirating and sponging of blood and other fluids from the
- Applying clamps on superficial vessels and typing them or
electrocoagulation of them as directed.
- Placing suture ligatures in the muscle, subcutaneous and skin
- Placing hemoclips or other ligating devices on bleeders.
- Facilitates patient participation in health and medical care by
providing education needed to make decisions and choices about:
- Promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Consultation with other appropriate health care personnel.
- Appropriate utilization of health care resources.
- Facilitation of entry into the healthcare system; admission to
facility under direction of Supervising Physician.
- The promotion of a safe, realistic discharge plan.
- Completes patient rounds on all Cardiovascular Surgery
- Performs other duties as assigned. For more information please
submit your resume to email@example.com or submit it
directly for review!
Keywords: Nurse Job Board, Riverside , RN / Registered Nurse / California / Any / Physician Assistant Southern California Job, Healthcare , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!