Registered Nurse - Pediatrics - PEDI - RN
Company: Standard Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
We are seeking a Pediatric Registered Nurse to join our team for
a 8 - 13 week Rapid Response Travel Contract! You will be
responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of
children with acute conditions such as heart conditions,
respiratory distress syndrome, or shock. You may care for pre- and
post-operative pediatric patients or perform advanced, invasive
diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. To be a successful pediatric
nurse, you should be kind, compassionate, and caring towards
children. *Requirements** A current registered nursing license
* A minimum of one (1) year recent experience in pediatric nursing,
in an acute care facility
* Current BLS, PALS certification required *Skills and Abilities**
Familiarity with medical software and equipment
* Ability to build rapport with patients
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* The ability to listen and understand information and ideas
* Good communication skills
* Emotional and mental strength, dedication, and
* Empathy and the ability to relate to children *Responsibilities**
Working with children and asking questions about their health for
diagnosis and documenting patients' symptoms and medical history
for the doctor.
* Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care.
* Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in
* Participating in pain management for children.
* Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood
vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
* Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and
keeping accurate records.
* Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
* Providing supportive care to dying children.
* Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping
families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
* Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and
regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment
* Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records
* Record patients' medical information and vital signs
* Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients'
* Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess,
plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans 1723-Indeed-PEDI-CA
Job Types: Contract, Full-time Pay: $92.89 - $135.25 per hour
* Health insurance
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Travel reimbursement
* Acute care
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
* 4x12 Experience:
* Pediatric Nursing: 1 year (Required) License/Certification:
* RN License (Required) Work Location: On the road
Keywords: Standard Healthcare, Riverside , Registered Nurse - Pediatrics - PEDI - RN, Healthcare , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!