Medical, Surgical RN
Company: Indian Health Service
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN
(Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics)--in--Whiteriver, AZ.Recruitment Bonus
and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized.If Eligible for
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving
with a moving company.-- Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS.
--Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded
immediately, candidates must work the full year.Pay:--$49,888 to
$72,629Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans?-- You may be interested in our Loan
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave,
accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of
working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after
retirement at the same rate as if you were working*Recruitment
bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in
addition to salaryPosition Responsibilities
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In
the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients
whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not
limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature
ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical
care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for
individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member,
reviewing patient's health care.Participate in staff development
activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback
from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific
to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric,
neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural
needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient's clinical condition;
collects and interprets data from the patient's history and
physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken
based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure
needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as
resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring
devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and
regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose
monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications,
intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures.
Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during
procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air
transport based upon patient's condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or
immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associates Degree in NursingAbout Whiteriver, AZOf all the
areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to find a region
offering more-more natural beauty, more history and culture, more
recreation, more adventure, more memories-than Arizona's White
Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30 miles from the
resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low. Ranging from
mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000 feet in the
mountains, this region offers a four-season climate. Take the
family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the twisting
roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon Rim, a vast
geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors the pines.
Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer months, and in
the winter you can't beat a quick trip to the Sunrise Ski Resort
which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.Reno Gazette Journal.
Keywords: Medical Surgical Nurse, Location: Riverside, CA -
Keywords: Indian Health Service, Riverside , Medical, Surgical RN, Healthcare , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!