Customer Service Specialist
Company: Adapt Health LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Customer Service Specialists are responsible for learning and
understanding the entire front-end process to ensure successful
service for our patients. The Customer Service Specialists works in
a fast-paced environment answering inbound calls and making
outbound calls. Maybe responsible for obtaining, analyze, and
verify the accuracy of information received from referrals, create
orders, and or schedule the patient to receive equipment as ordered
by their doctor. Customer Service Specialists should educate
Patients of their financial responsibility when applicable..
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current products and
services offered by the company
- Answer all calls and emails in a timely manner, in adherence to
- Document all call information according to standard operating
- Answer questions about products and services, retail stores,
general service line information and other information as necessary
based on customer call needs
- Process orders, route calls to appropriate resource, and follow
up on customer calls where necessary
- Review all required documentation to ensure accuracy
- Accurately process, verify, and/or submit documentation and
- Complete insurance verification to determine patient's
eligibility, coverage, co-insurances, and deductibles
- Obtain pre-authorization if required by an insurance carrier
and process physician orders to insurance carriers for approval and
authorization when required
- Must be able to navigate through multiple online EMR systems to
obtain applicable documentation
- Enter and review all pertinent information in EMR system
including authorizations and expiration dates
- Communicate with Customer Service and Management on an on-going
basis regarding any noticed trends with insurance companies
- Verify insurance carriers are listed in the company's database
system, if not request the new carrier is entered
- Responsible for contacting patient when documentation received
does not meet payer guidelines to provide updates and offer
additional options to facilitate the referral process.
- Meet quality assurance requirements and other key performance
- Facilitate resolution on customer complaints and problem
- Pays attention to detail and has great organizational
- Actively listens to patients and handle stressful situations
with compassion and empathy
- Flexible with the actual work and the hours of operation
- Utilize company provided tools to maintain quality. Some tools
may include but are not limited to Authorization Guidelines,
Insurance Guidelines, Fee Schedules, NPI (National Provider
Identifier), PECOS (the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and
Ownership System) and "How-To" documents
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current HME products
and services offered by the company.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the
guidelines of HIPAA.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational
programs as required.
- Maintains compliant with AdaptHealth's Compliance Program.
- Assist operations with on-call responsibilities as needed
during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- Depending on the geographic territory and size of the branch
location, may require assisting operations with deliveries.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control
and hazardous materials handling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Competency, Skills and
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to
- Decision Making
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
- Solid ability to learn new technologies and possess the
technical aptitude required to understand flow of data through
systems as well as system interaction
- General knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial health
plan methodologies and documentation requirements preferred.
- Work well independently and as part of a group
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a rapidly changing
environment, be patient, accountable, proactive, take initiative
and work effectively on a teamEducation and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year work related experience in health care
administrative, financial, or insurance customer services, claims,
billing, call center or management regardless of industry.
- Senior level requires two (2) years of work-related experience
and one (1) year of exact job experience.
- Exact job experience is considered any of the above tasks in a
Medicare certified.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office
activities and work levels fluctuate
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for
extended periods of time
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and/or
fingers due to extensive computer use
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed
- May be exposed to angry or irate customers or patients.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme
heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne,
and/or other potentially infectious pathogen.
- This position if primarily performed within an office
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate both verbally and
written with customers with the ability to demonstrate empathy,
compassion, courtesy, and respect for privacy
Keywords: Adapt Health LLC, Riverside , Customer Service Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!