QA Supervisor 2nd Shift
Company: OSI Group
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in
ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in
compliance with company, customer and government requirements that
meet required quality specifications.
- Job supervises a team, has authority to hire and
performance-manage a team.
- Job leads/supervises/manages 6-15 employees.
- This role has the responsibility to understand and places in
practice appropriate safety procedures. -This responsibility is
achieved through education, training, use of protective equipment
(as applicable) and by following safety policies, regulations,
standards, and laws.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not
limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching,
training and development and termination recommendations.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and
communicate key information to peers, team members and Production
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe
work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all
positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and
comply with those procedures. - Apply corrective action
consistently when required.
- Continuously monitor, through subordinates, plant operations to
ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through
regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's),
performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and
product quality checks conducted according to organization
policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by
identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area
- Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document
testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving
product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product
tests, and HACCP audits.
- Administer the product recall program and disposition of
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field is preferred.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and leadership
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the
- Strong problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written
- Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and
sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and
specific time constraints.
- Additionally, candidate must interact well with other
employees, work overtime as needed, be able to work in food
manufacturing facility and adhere to all Good Manufacturing
- BA/BS or equivalent is preferred.
- Food Science, or a related field, or equivalent amount of
relevant experience and education. Food industry experience
- Work can be performed within a manufacturing plant environment
with noise, extreme temperatures, and significant movement of
powered equipment, people and conveyor (may depend on the
- Work conditions are typical of a food manufacturing
- This role does not require any domestic travel
- Position may require the physical agility of lifting up to 50
- Position may require frequent and/or infrequent of bending,
squatting, pushing, pulling, stretching/reaching, use hands or
fingers, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, controls and
standing/walking on concrete flooring.
- Position may require the physical ability to stand/walk for
Greater than 4 hours.
Base salary range from $64,106 - $96,160. -
Position may be eligible for additional compensation for working
weekends and a quarterly discretionary bonus. Position eligible for
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, employee
assistance program, 401K with employer match, Tuition Reimbursement
Program and Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday and sick days).
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and
respect. OSI -does not discriminate on the basis of national
origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law. -All applicants
will receive consideration for employment based on merit,
qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , QA Supervisor 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...