Quality Assurance Supervisor 2nd Shift
Company: OSI Group
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in
ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in
compliance with company, customer and government requirements that
meet required quality specifications.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not
limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching,
training and development and termination recommendations.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and
communicate key information to peers, team members and Production
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe
work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all
positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and
comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently
- Continuously monitor, through subordinates, plant operations to
ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through
regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's),
performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and
product quality checks conducted according to organization
policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by
identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area
- Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document
testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving
product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product
tests, and HACCP audits.
- Administer the product recall program and disposition of
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within
the QA function. Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food
Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and
finished products. Provide recommendations to management where
unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, or a related field, or
equivalent amount of relevant experience and education. Food
industry experience strongly preferred.
- 0-2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and leadership skills.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the
- Strong problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written
- Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and
sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and
specific time constraints.
- Additionally, candidate must interact well with other
employees, work overtime as needed, be able to work in food
manufacturing facility and adhere to all Good Manufacturing
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and
respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin,
gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications
and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , Quality Assurance Supervisor 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!