Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Riverside Community Hospital
Posted on: October 9, 2018
People. Performance. Possibilities. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission ""Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.""
Founded in 1901, Riverside Community Hospital is a 373 licensed bed, full-service acute care hospital in the heart of the Inland Empire. RCH has been recognized as a Top Performing Hospital and has invested in a new campus expansion project that includes a new 7-story patient tower, 3-story medical office building, and a recently completed new 5-level, state-of-the-art parking garage.
With over 500 physicians on staff, representing over 200 specialties and over 1,900 employees, Riverside Community Hospital is an Inland Empire leader in providing advanced, comprehensive health care to the Inland region. RCH houses the largest Emergency Room and Trauma Center in the Inland Empire at 50 beds with an average wait time of only 15 minutes. RCH is one of Riverside County's only STEMI (heart attack) receiving centers and is a fully accredited Chest Pain Center. Centers of Excellence include the HeartCare Institute, offering invasive and non-invasive cardiac procedures, Center of Excellence for Surgical Weight Loss, the Transplant Program and a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
- Engage designated leaders (CEO, CFO, CNO, Dept., Directors, etc.) to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations). Advise leaders on people issues
- Partner with the executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate HR interventions in collaboration with appropriate COE.
- Participate in periodic business strategic planning and review cycles; act as the human capital strategy architect to proactively work with COE teams to identify and deploy HR interventions to meet business requirements
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, employee engagement/sensing, and other data)
- Advise business leaders on change management, performance issues, responding to employee or community concerns, compliance or ethics investigations, etc.
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self- service tools Deploy development programs
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning. Support Employee & Community engagement
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility ""temperature"" through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts. Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
- 7 years of professional HR experience (performance management, change management, engagement, succession planning, retention, etc.)
- Strong employee relations background (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues).
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience highly preferred. Education
- Undergraduate college degree required, Masters highly desired. Special Qualifications
- PHR or SPHR preferred Competencies
- Interpreting external business content
- Decoding customer expectations
- Co-crafting a strategic agenda Credible Activist
- Earning trust through results
- Influencing/relating to others
- Improving through self-awareness HR Innovator/Integrator
- Building our leadership brand
- Improving our human capital through workforce planning and analytics
- Developing talent
- Shaping organizations & comms practices
- Driving performance Technology Proponent
- Improving utility of HR operations
- Leveraging social media tools
- Connecting people through technology Change Champion
- Sustaining change Capability Builder
- Capitalizing on organizational capability
- Aligning strategy, culture, practices & behavior
- Creating a meaningful work environment
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Riverside Community Hospital, Riverside , Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!