Telecom Field Technician
Company: Ridgeline Telecom
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Ridgeline Telecom we create paths that propel information at the
speed of light. We are telco enthusiasts with the reputation of
being the dependable, no-nonsense, company that consistently
delivers rock-solid results. We do this through our core values
(RIDGE) and our people.
We are looking for Field Technicians for our Brea office location.
You will perform responsibilities as needed by our
telecommunication customer(s) in the area. You will be responsible
for assisting OSP design engineers in the design process with the
pre-fielding of both Aerial and Underground Facilities. The ideal
candidate must be well versed and knowledgeable with
telecommunications, CATV, public utility infrastructure and power
transmission facilities. You must strive to meet daily productivity
goals, possess sound problem-solving skills and deliver a quality
product on time. Self-motivated individuals that work well with
others and have high attention to detail is paramount. Clear,
concise verbal and written skills are mandatory.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Locate, sketch, and document detail information of OSP
facilities: cables, poles, ground structures, terminals, manholes,
- Measure attachment heights, span distances, and structure
- Measure distances from existing/proposed OSP facilities.
- Take measurements, field notes, and produce sketches for TCP
- Identify bonding and grounding requirements.
- Strong computer skills and well versed in Google Earth.
- Knowledgeable in California Public Utilities Commission, GO95,
GO128 and document accordingly.
- Contact and work for hand in hand with municipalities,
utilities or Caltrans via email, site visits or phone when
requesting parcel maps, easement right of way or as-builts to
- Identify any and all possible safety hazards while out in the
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Skills
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license,
and an acceptable driving record.
- Experience with aerial and underground utilities and the
ability to read and understand USA look-up marks.
- Two years experience as a Telecom OSP Fielder or similar and
relative engineering experience.
- Must have good math skills, be detail-oriented, and have
legible handwriting, the ability to walk at least 2 miles per day
carrying equipment in all types of weather.
- Understanding of OSP facilities, construction techniques, and
conduit records is required.
- Knowledge of easement, right-of-way, and permit documents is
- Experience and understanding of outside plant construction
- Must have good communication skills with both internal and
Benefits And Perks
- Robust suite of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA,
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off and Sick time
- 7 paid company holidays
- Casual work environment
- Awesome consumer discounts
The position will travel to various job sites.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ridgeline Telecom, Riverside , Telecom Field Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!