SR. Software Engineer - Rust, Proofs and Snarks Engineering
Posted on: May 6, 2022
We are solving Web3's toughest data analytics challenges at
planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be joining highly skilled Rust
engineers, cryptographers, mathematicians, and tech leads
responsible for developing high-performance in-database mechanisms
to verify that the SQL results returned to a client are tamperproof
and cryptographically guaranteed. Your team will be architecting
and developing a novel Proof of SQL
mechanism (effectively a specialized SNARK) which ensures that
results of outsourced SQL jobs can be loaded into smart contracts
via a decentralized oracle network, while also minimizing attack
surfaces. This is an extremely math/cryptography-heavy leadership
role, and thus we expect competency (and a professional or academic
background) in applied cryptography or related mathematical fields
and preferably experience or familiarity with at least one argument
scheme, such as bulletproofs, IOPs, KZG-based schemes, etc.
Experience with high-performance distributed computing is a plus.
We also expect willingness
to learn and research novel algorithms and techniques
- Writing Rust code (and math-focused algorithms) to build a
bigger, better, faster, more optimized SQL Proofing mechanism
- Building strategies, tools, platforms and database integrations
to rapidly test and iterate on various cryptographic techniques /
commitment schemes / database designs / algorithms for outsourced
Proofs of SQL
- Participate in architecture development and research to solve
problems scaling up from "laptop scale" to "cluster scale"
- Working with Decentralized Oracle Networks (such as Chainlink)
to develop cryptographic commitments for data and consensus-based
validations of proofs, as well as working with clustered data
warehouses for storing and processing the commitments
- Codifying best practices for future reuse in the form of
accessible, reusable patterns, templates, and code bases to
facilitate meta data capturing and management
- Working with engineering leadership to define, prioritize, and
ensure smooth deployments with other operational componentsSkills &
- Bachelor's degree in math, computer science, computer
engineering, or related technical field. Masters or PhD is a
- 5+ years software engineering experience (or academic research)
around applied cryptography and preferably experience or
familiarity with at least one argument scheme, such as
bulletproofs, IOPs, KZG-based schemes, etc.
- Experience programming with Rust (or at least C++ with
willingness to quickly learn Rust)
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals; algorithm
development/design, high-performance distributed computing
- Rock solid cryptography fundamentals; hashing, elliptic
curves/pairings, field/group theory, etc.
- Nice to have: High-level understanding of distributed
computing, database cluster fundamentals (such as Apache Spark,
- Nice to have: Passionate about Web3, blockchain,
decentralization, and a base understanding of how SNARKs and
arguments play into this.
Apply for this job
Keywords: Experfy, Riverside , SR. Software Engineer - Rust, Proofs and Snarks Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!