Web Applications Administrator
Company: University of California - UC Path Center
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The UCPath Center is a crucial component of the University of
California's high-priority project to centralize, streamline and
standardize the university's HR, payroll, benefits, general ledger,
work force administration and academic processes. Located in
Riverside, the UCPath Center will serve all the university's
216,000 employees from UC's campuses, medical centers and research
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Technology, the
UCPath Center Web Applications Administrator provides support for
the UCPath Online Portal which provides HR, pay, and benefit
related self service capabilities to all faculty, staff and student
employees at the University of California campuses, medical
centers, and labs. The Web Applications Administrator will work
with the UCPath Center ITSS department, UCOP IT, vendors, business
users, and other key stakeholders to understand business
requirements, design and deploy Portal technology, enhance the
Portal experience, and integrate the Portal with Salesforce, Coveo,
Cloudflare, PeopleSoft HCM, Single Sign On, and other systems. The
Web Applications Administrator will also participate in quality
assurance activities, support content managers and the content
management process that leverages the Portal technology.
Additionally, the individual should possess excellent written and
oral communication skills to effectively collaborate with business
stakeholders and IT Teams at all levels.
70% Portal Administration and Support
* Support the UCPath Online portal which is a critical application
that provides HR, pay, and benefit related self service
capabilities to all faculty, staff and student employees at the
University of California campuses, medical centers, and labs.
* Support integrations between the Drupal/InFlight technology based
portal and PeopleSoft HCM, Salesforce, Cloudflare, Coveo, and
single sign on.
* Work closely with the Senior Portal Administrator, IT partners
and vendors to manage the Portal as well as triage incoming support
* Leverage the Drupal console to manage the configuration and
system functions such as user groups and permissions, page layout
and menu changes. * Ensure optimal efficiency and maintain high
standards of service.
* Design and implement new features and functionality.
* Coordinate deployment activities with IT partners, vendors and
* Ensure high-performance and availability.
* Support content writers and contributing groups to create and
update portal content.
20% Quality Assurance
* Work with the Senior Portal Administrator, QA Lead, IT teams and
functional users on QA activities.
* Work within an agile and/or waterfall environment to identify any
issues with product/testing requirements.
* Assist with preparation of all prescribed quality assurance
artifacts including, but not limited to, test plans and test
* Participate and/or review documentation and test results in all
quality assurance test phases, such as requirements validation,
unit, integration, user acceptance, and regression testing.
* Work with the Senior Portal Administrator and QA Lead to review
and execute test cases.
* Perform quality assurance testing and report issues.
* Collaborate with QA leads on automated testing.
10% Business Systems Analysis
* Analyze business requirements, and collaborate with others on the
design, development, implementation, support and ongoing
enhancement of the UCPath Portal.
* Maintain documentation such as functional designs, system
architecture designs, workflow diagrams, configuration
documentation, technical documentation, and job aids.
* Collaborate with training teams, IT partners, and business users
to provide knowledge transfer on system functionally and business
processes related to the UCPath Online portal.
* Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
* Minimum of three years administering portal and content
* Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
(e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to
Agile or iterative SDLCs.
* Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web
* Comfortable working with debugging tools like IE/Chrome/Firefox
Development Toolbars, Soap UI, Fiddler, etc.
* Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across
platforms and browsers.
* Experience building responsive websites using Drupal CMS,
* Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into
working HTML pages
* Experience in developing test plans, writing test scripts,
developing use cases, overseeing testing activities, and assisting
business users through User Acceptance Test processes.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and problem
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to
technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the
* Experience with Inflight technology solutions.
* At least two years of experience in a product manager, project
management or business analyst role.
* Knowledge of the quality assurance discipline, the defect life
cycle management processes, and the software commonly used for test
planning and defect tracking.
This position will be part of an on call rotation to provide after
hours support as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: University of California - UC Path Center, Riverside , Web Applications Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!