Employee Service Supervisor
Company: University of California - UC Path Center
Posted on: January 14, 2020
The Employee Service Supervisor will work within the UCPath Center,
reporting directly to the Employee Service Manager. This role
receives predetermined work assignments that are subject to a
moderate level of control and review, and directs subordinates to
complete assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and
policies. Requires full knowledge of own area of functional
* Provides direct supervision and guidance to a group of Employee
Service staff and monitors service levels for the unit.
* Provides direction to Employee Service staff according to
established policies and management guidance.
* Interacts with peer supervisors and managers across the UCPath
* Acts as an advisor to unit to meet schedules and resolve
* Oversees the workflow of the unit and operations to ensure
optimal efficiency and maintain high standards of service.
* Assists in the resolution of highly complex and escalated issues
* Provides input on performance, salary actions, hiring decisions
and other human resources-related issues.
45% CUSTOMER SERVICE
* Provides accurate and efficient resolutions to complex and/or
escalated issues and inquiries through multiple channels (phone,
email, case management) by following appropriate
resolution/assessment - methodology (investigating and research),
utilizing knowledge management tools, educating employees on
products and self-service tools, and determining appropriate course
of action or escalation for emerging issues.
* Utilizes knowledge management tools and contributes new, revised
or updated information to maintain accuracy and consistency in
knowledge in support of customers, peers and the larger UCPath
* Assesses customer's/employee's level of understanding by
educating and influencing customers to utilize self-service
* Provides support for employees dealing with sensitive and
confidential information relating to benefits, payroll, and/or HR
* Communicates effectively (written or verbal) to best match
customer style, needs, and level of understanding in creating
optimal customer interaction.
* Communication style includes accurate and grammatically correct
support based on channel (phone, email, case management).
* Completes accurate and actionable case documentation in the case
* Supports the UCPath Center team by sharing knowledge,
information, and best practices with peers and cross-functional
* Makes recommendations and process changes to ensure effective and
efficient customer service. Reviews processes and procedures to
* Ensures delivery of quality service to various
* A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience working in an
internal HR, payroll, or benefits shared service environment, or an
equivalent combination of education and experienced.
* Prior experience in a supervisory role, with demonstrated
effectiveness in leading a team.
* Broad content knowledge across HR/ Academic Personnel, Benefits,
Payroll, and Leave Administration functional areas with in-depth
knowledge and experience one or more of these areas.
* Understanding and experience applying advanced customer service
* Ability to interact confidently and professionally during
challenging conversations with managers and employees.
* Demonstrated ability to delegate and oversee assignments to
ensure successful and timely completion, and obtain the cooperation
of others within the unit.
* Recommends solutions to current, complex issues, using learning
from past experiences with calls and project work.
* Ability to assess, promote and implement changes to current
practices and processes.
* Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Previous experience providing input regarding hiring, evaluating,
and development of subordinates.
* Basic regulatory and legislative knowledge as it relates to HR,
Payroll, and Benefits.
* Ability to lead staff through development and team building
* Ability to analyze and interpret data to identify trends and
* Ability to provide high quality work utilizing highly developed
and effective communication (written and verbal), project
management and time management, skills.
* Highly effective organization, and project management skills.
* Excellent people skills, with ability to effectively interact,
collaborate, and influence across all levels of an
* Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with
multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
* Ability to maintain flexibility and quickly address changing
* Ability to provide excellent service with integrity.
* Ability to accomplish assigned projects without compromising the
integrity of the UCPath Center and/or University of California
policies and procedures.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Ability to focus on the accomplishment of the UCPath Center
mission and priorities.
* Ability to prioritize, streamline and accomplish assigned
* Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters and
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR), SeniorProfessional in
Human Resources (SPHR), Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), or
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification(s).
* Knowledge of UC personnel and payroll policies and
* Experience and proficiency in the PeopleSoft HRMS platform.
* Experience with SalesForce CRM.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: University of California - UC Path Center, Riverside , Employee Service Supervisor, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!