Field Sales Engineer - SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Stanley Black & Decker is a vibrant, diversified, global
industrial company - a company of enduring substance since 1843
that is striving to be one of the most innovative and sustainable
companies in the world. Our people are bold and agile, yet
thoughtful and disciplined. With the ambition to inspire makers and
innovators to create a more sustainable world. If you're seeking to
bring your unique value and contribute to an inclusive,
collaborative and purpose-driven culture that integrates
performance excellence and innovation - join us.
The Field Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting the
local as well as national sales teams with electronic security
consulting, surveys, design & specifications; as it relates to
generating customer recommendations (quotes). Additionally, this
position will support the local teams to ensure our designs meet
all local code requirements in order to gain approval from the
Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Coordinate communication and activities between the sales team,
local & regional field resources and the Pre-Sales & Engineering
- Be the SME for Electronic Security products & services for the
local sales teams.
- Perform customer consultations, presentations &
- Conduct detailed field surveys for use in estimating and/or
- Value engineer solutions to customer specifications, local &
- Build quotes utilizing tools provided (Salesforce CPQ);
detailed scopes that align to the BOM & solution; and, build
sub-contractor SOW's & Documentation such as floor plans, riser
diagrams, and equipment schedules when required.
- Review sub & vendor quotes as needed.
- Work with the local AHJ's for permits as needed, and maintain
proper certifications & qualifications needed in your assigned
- Participate in Job kickoff meetings & ensure a proper handoff
from engineering to the delivery organization.
- Travel to customer locations (as much as 15% overnight
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ Years' experience in the Electronic Security field.
- 2+ Years' experience in designing ES systems (IDS, ACS,
- A valid state driver's license, without restrictions.
- College or formal training
- Detailed knowledge of integrated security solutions and
- Some knowledge of Fire Alarm & Life Safety Code.
- Working knowledge of Computer Systems & Networking.
- Working knowledge of door locking hardware.
- Working knowledge & understanding of electricity, specifically
low voltage systems.
- Ability to read & interpret electronic security specifications,
perform equipment counts (take off's). Identify cable requirements
& distances, as well as calculate power load & battery
- Ability to work in some CAD/Drawing application such as
AutoCAD, Visio, Bluebeam, etc.
- Knowledge of high security credentials such as iClass/DESFire &
- Understanding / Certification with UL (681 & 2050) & High
- Knowledge of Structured cabling / BICSI Certification.
- Understanding of NFPA code (Specifically in your assigned area)
/ NICET Certified.
- Experience working with local AHJ's on permits (Building,
Electrical, Fire Prevention, Occupancy, etc.)
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., Riverside , Field Sales Engineer - SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!