Service Deli Clerk
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company Name: Ralphs
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment
that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department
manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the
department, and monitor all established quality assurance
standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage
associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the
company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity,
inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, safety and food
safety regulations and company guidelines.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions and make
suggestions regarding products sold within the department and
throughout the store.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer's requests using
proper deli equipment.
- Prepare deli/bistro items per customer requests using proper
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or
products for which they inquire about.
- Inform customers of deli/bistro specials.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered in
the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount
ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Recommend deli /bistro items to customers to ensure they get
the products they want and need.
- Use all equipment in deli/ bistro such as the refrigerators,
freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in
- Regularly lift/carry 10-50 pound items.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by"
dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, scale, fryer, steamer,
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the
- Display a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures
and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting
equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any
items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents
and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They
are more than just our associates, they're part of the communities
we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every
area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and
friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you
want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our
headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for
outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and
excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on
mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in
building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to
complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half
a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily
through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner
names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated
to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to
creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The
Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages,
flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Riverside || 6155 Magnolia Ave || 92506 ||
Ralphs || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations ||
Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Keywords: Kroger, Riverside , Service Deli Clerk, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!