Production Technician Oxygen Transfill*
Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Production Technician,Oxygen Transfill will participate in
all production aspects of filling high pressure medical oxygen
cylinders - prefill inspections, filling, and post filling
processes - in a regulated team environment.
This is a Monday through Friday 1st shift position and is
eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect and prepare aluminum and steel cylinders.
- Connect cylinders to filling manifolds.
- Fill high pressure cylinders with oxygen.
- Disconnect, Test, and Inspect cylinders - verifying filling
- Perform post-fill processes.
- Store oxygen cylinders in appropriate section of
- Document all worked performed according to written policy.
- Maintain accurate files of all work performed. Files contain
such information as lot and batch numbers, cylinder maintenance and
inspection logs, and materials required by the F.D.A.
- Ensure all workstations are maintained in an efficient, clean
and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pass company standard background check.
- Three years' experience in a manufacturing or similar
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work 8-hour shift
- Ability to communicate effectively in person
- Knowledge of manufacturing and basic warehousing
- Specific job related training (Medical Gases P&P) and
competency test will be provided, wherein a passing test score is
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Basic problem solving (addition, subtraction, division,
Education and/or Experience
- Technical degrees or relevant technical training.
- Experience with chemicals, hazardous gases, and gas
- Experience in an FDA regulated production environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- May be asked to become certified to work with oxygen by various
state or federal agencies, where required.
- Prior forklift experience
- Regularly required to use hands to handle tools and
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibly
and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Required to use a variety of personal protective equipment
(PPE), typically safety shoes, eye and ear protection, exam-style
gloves as well as cut resistant gloves.
- Continually engages in activities that requires team
collaboration, listening, talking and hearing.
- Frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing,
kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely
include close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust
focus to read documents.
- Frequent use of basic hand tools, material handling equipment,
carrying devices, cleanup equipment
- Strength Aspects:o Ability to frequently and repetitively grip
with hands and lift 15 lbs. or less above shoulder height up to 72"
(6ft).o Ability to hold an object in place while utilizing the
other hand to scrape off tags and labels.o Utilization of a pallet
jack and or tilter to move (via push/pull) cylinder containers
weighting up to a max weight of 1,200lbs.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elementso Frequently and
repetitively removing cylinders from containers (floor) and placing
onto the inspection table (waste high), then to the filling rack
(2ft to 6ft high) after per-fill tasks are completed.o Frequently
required to reach, on average, 20" away from the body.o Frequently
required to reach, bend or squat to perform many of the above
- Noise levels can range from low to high level industrial noise.
Noise protection devices are provided and available as needed
- Weather and temperature range from indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings and various outdoor seasonal conditions
and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a
variety of US states.
- Lighting is generally provided via warehouse lighting, LED and
- Wearing proper protective equipment required while working in
the high pressure Transfill plant.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described above are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Riverside , Production Technician Oxygen Transfill*, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!