Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and
drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes
2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing
plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the
District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with
supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway,
Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco,
Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets,
Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Operations Department located in Riverside, CA has an
opening for a Miscellaneous Worker, supporting the Riverside Plant
in one of the following departments: Production, Sanitation,
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- May assist in all areas of production; perform duties in
accordance with established procedures; perform operator
maintenance and sanitation activities and employ appropriate 5S
- Understand and adhere to all HACCP procedures.
- Properly complete and document all daily process control forms
provided to you by the supervisor.
- Ensure all procedures regarding quality are strictly adhered
to. Follow all GMP's and SOP's.
- Individual may participate in cleaning their area, dumps trash
and takes bins to dumpster.
- Sanitation assignments including: Cleans floors, lights,
windows, ceilings, rest rooms, break rooms, product racks and tote
bins, equipment, and grounds in various areas of plant.
- Disassembles and reassembles machinery
- Work cross functionally between all departments per your direct
supervisor in order to the support the plants operational
- Various Shipping assignments including:
Order selection, loading ingredient totes, helping to
- Will require lifting, stacking and manual palletizing of cases
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in
- Will required hand-eye coordination, endurance; concentration,
estimating, calculating and communication skills.
- Ability to use necessary tools and machinery
- Adhere to all rules and guidelines that are discussed in the
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualified candidates will have manufacturing/distribution center
experience (preferred food manufacturing), which may require skill
sets including working in a GMP compliant facility, machine
disassemble and reassemble, operation of a walkie stacker or fork
lift, selective batch process, cold storage/freezer warehouse
setting for much of the shift, participating in plant sanitation
events, entry level document control, will require standing and
walking for periods of time, ability to communicate to team members
throughout the work day regarding critical tasks.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a
resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive
working environment where the different strengths and perspectives
of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that
building successful relationships with our customers and our
communities is only possible through the diversity of our people.
And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative
thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status,
medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a
position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before
they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER