Company: Cavco Industries
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ABOUT THE ROLE
Production employees build the industry leading homes and
components for each of our unique Cavco brands. Production
employees follow specified engineering and safety processes that
maximize the efficient manufacturing and construction of
high-quality products for our customers.
Line assemblers follow work orders and instructions in order to
accurately and efficiently prepare and assemble building components
based on assigned production area (construction worker, welder,
electrician, drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.).
The line assembler works independently executing specific process
steps under continuous quality review and coaching as needed.
Technician line assemblers are entry level employees undergoing
training or development and generally have 0-12 months of
experience in the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in a safe manner following all safety policies while
performing job duties.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding safety
concerns and assembly of building components.
- Follows work orders and instructions in order to accurately and
efficiently prepare and assemble building components based on
assigned production area (construction worker, welder, electrician,
drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.).
- Some of the specific responsibilities for the various
production areas include but are not limited to:
- Construction Worker and Welder- Preparation and assembly of
various building components and materials.
- Electrician - Prepare framing for wiring and install wiring,
receptacles, pull down bars, fasteners, leno sheets, and breaker
- Drywaller - Tape drywall seams, mix and apply mud to taped
drywall seams, apply vapor barrier and texturing material using
spray gun, apply texturing design, and clean and maintain
- Painter - Erect scaffolding or set up ladders to perform tasks
above ground level, remove any exposed fixtures and/or additional
items in work area prior to performing work, prepare surfaces for
painting, hand sand as needed, apply coats of paint, varnish,
stain, enamel or lacquer.
- Forklift operator - Keep forklift operating by following
operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining
supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for
repairs; Retrieves supplies and materials, secures pallets on
truck, moves pallet to production location.
Stocker - Keep work area safe by promptly handling any spills
and removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic
wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris; Move
pallets and materials to designated areas; Break down vendor
pallets and separates products for different departments; Assist
other employees or vendors with loading and off-loading materials
- May be cross trained across various line assembler duties to
ensure job knowledge progression and a balanced work force.
- Meets weekly production goals per assigned production
supervisor or team lead.
- Maintains a good attendance record and proactively communicates
and coordinates with supervisors regarding attendance.
- Maintains and keeps tools, machinery, and work area clean and
- Performs various other job duties as assigned and needed.
Keywords: Cavco Industries, Riverside , Line Assembler, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!