QA Supervisor 2nd Shift
Company: OSI Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsible for supervising employees and activities involved in
ensuring the safe production of a wide range of products in
compliance with company, customer and government requirements that
meet required quality specifications.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not
limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching,
training and development and termination recommendations.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and
communicate key information to peers, team members and Production
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe
work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all
positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and
comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently
- Continuously monitor, through subordinates, plant operations to
ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through
regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's),
performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and
product quality checks conducted according to organization
policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by
identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area
- Prepare a variety of routine and special reports that document
testing activities, test results, and operational issues involving
product quality and safety such as swab tests, finished product
tests, and HACCP audits.
- Administer the product recall program and disposition of
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Animal Science, or related
- Previous experience with sanitation is a plus
- Ability to work in conditions, which include multiple, and
sometimes conflicting priorities, extended work schedules, and
specific time constraints
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and
critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety,
quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with
employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate
direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and
identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities a one time using
effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of
frequently changing circumstances.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications;
specifically using Word to create and modify documents, Excel to
record data and calculate results, and Outlook to communicate
internally and externally.
- Frequent walking, standing.
- Regular exposure to wet and/or humid condition.
- Regular exposure to varying temperatures, cold (in the 40
degrees range) to hot (in the 80 degrees range).
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that
believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and
respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin,
gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications
and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program
Keywords: OSI Group, Riverside , QA Supervisor 2nd Shift, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!