General Service Auto Tech
Company: Cox Auto Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
An entry level Automotive Technician provides a high skill level
of vehicle maintenance and repairs. Provides service and delivery
of vehicles and participates in the control of expenses. A
technician may work independently or in a team environment.
- Perform a predefined vehicle inspection and light mechanical
repairs to prepare a vehicle for customers including:
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel
filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for
- Based upon certification levels, perform other various repairs
and maintenance which may include:
- Install batteries and checks electrical systems.
- Install and perform tire maintenance.
- OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension
components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections,
interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components,
- Ability to road test vehicles.
- Ability to install parts which include shock absorbers and
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy
manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at
all times as directed by management and Manheim's safety
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in
accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as
defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with
vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- High School Diploma or GED; will consider 1+ years of related
work experience in lieu of High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of
customer service experience preferred.
- Any ASE certifications and/or a tech school degree is
preferred, but not required.
- Become certified in a minimum of 4 areas with a preference for
brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling, and electrical.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Auto Inc, Riverside , General Service Auto Tech, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!