Regional Operations Manager
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Regional Manager will provide oversight of all contracted
services across multiple sites within a geographic region. The
Regional Manager will be responsible to build strong client
partnerships and drive operational excellence to ensure those sites
within the region are meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Ideal candidates will possess a positive, can-do attitude and
have a passion for helping others be successful. In this role, you
will partner and consult with the local operations team, the
national team and the client to drive win-win solutions. Successful
candidates will bring a customer focused mindset as well as possess
strong business and financial acumen skills. You will also provide
support, direction and coaching to the site managers at each
- Possess deep knowledge of the operation at each site (contract,
scope of work, building type, client nuances, local market
- Be responsible for the delivery and execution of all contracted
janitorial services within the region.
- Build long-term sustainable partnerships with the client at
- Consistently travel to and visit each site within the region
and participate in frequent, regular onsite meetings with the
- Effectively address all client related communications in real
time with a sense of urgency (emails, phone calls, requests).
- Properly escalate issues that could impact local or national
perceptions of ABM as a preferred facility services provider.
- Review financial performance regularly to forecast spend and
course correct when necessary.
- Ensure cost control levers and metrics are in place to
proactively monitor overall spend to monthly budget.
- Work directly with client and internal teams to ensure billing
and collections are processed in a timely manner.
- Negotiate modifications to compensation or staffing plans based
on site specific needs, market conditions and client driven
- Prepare and develop financial and operational reports weekly
- Work closely with site managers to develop their operational
knowledge and management capabilities.
- Make sure all onsite employees have clear job assignments,
roles and responsibilities.
- Develop site specific performance standards and ensure
portfolio wide standards are being met.
- Proactively create consistent and effective operational
processes and see them through to implementation.
- Ensure all sites are properly documenting employee onboarding,
badging, safety, job training and performance management
- Drive and promote a strong safety culture; reinforce ABM and
client safety programs.
- Ensure each site is conducting formal quality checks and
inspections according to plan.
- Continuously monitor the overall performance of each site and
make appropriate changes to improve performance .
- Up-sell additional services and tag jobs above and beyond
- Partner with local and national 3rd party vendors and suppliers
for onsite material, supplies and equipment (ordering, pricing,
repair, testing out new products).
- Understand and comply with ABM policies and procedures.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent military
- Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in facility services or building
management (multi-site locations preferred).
- Experience in warehouse, distribution center or manufacturing
environments is a plus.
- Previous custodial experience desired.
- Able to travel by car weekly to sites within region.
- Extended travel outside of region (10%).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and
- Must maintain a valid State issued driver's license.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE HIRED ON A 90 DAY PROBATION PERIOD. ANY
VIOLATION OF ABM POLICIES DURING THIS PROBATION PERIOD WILL RESULT
TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
EMPLOYER (MINORITY FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)
Keywords: ABM, Riverside , Regional Operations Manager, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!