Tactical Aircraft Program Manager
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: June 9, 2021
United States of America
HCA22: Aerostructures -Riverside 8200 Arlington Ave, Riverside,
CA, 92503 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Tactical Aircraft Program
Manager who will be responsible for leading Military Flight Control
Surface programs as well as driving and securing current and future
pursuits in that space. You will also be responsible Profit & Loss
(P&L) and managing all the activities for those programs
involving various departments and cross-functional teams. In
addition, you will be interfacing with customers and ensuring high
customer satisfaction through on-time meeting of milestones and
parameters. Finally, you will ensure proper execution of all
program deliverables from initiation through delivery.
Position is currently remote, when circumstances permit position
will be onsite
- Lead a team of Product Development and Technical leads with
overall P&L responsibility for execution of program business
plans and strategies.
- Serve as the face of the organization to external customers as
well as internally within the Company.
- Drive the identification, pursuit and capture of new programs
with the support of the Business Development organization.
- Coordinate the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets
and contracts in the execution of program tasks and
- Establish customer-focused performance targets and direct work
to achieve these targets and lead the overall program performance
- Direct all business activities from business development
through contract award and execution of the sustaining program
- Hold primary responsibility for leadership, customer
satisfaction, and building solid internal and external business
- Expected to successfully manage programs within schedule and
budget, and lead in analyzing risk and establishing associated
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and
outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions
responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- A caring people leader, fostering an inclusive team and helping
them to develop professionally by providing actionable feedback,
opportunities for training and stretch assignments.
- Manage the timely execution and administration of Company
contractual commitments with its customer to ensure these
requirements are reviewed and implemented internally to meet and
exceed performance and business unit targets.
- Serve as a customer advocate for product development,
production support issues, repair and overhaul.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes,
including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans,
proposal work statements, operation budgets, specifications, and
financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to
protect the organization's interests.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is
- Demonstrated responsibility for program execution to business
plans and strategies across geographically-dispersed teams in the
aerospace and defense industry.
- Military program experience.
- Relevant experience with business pursuit identification,
negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for
complex programs in the defense industry.
- Full life-cycle (front to end process) program/project
first-hand experience, including P&L ownership.
- Performance in meeting and exceeding contractual commitments
and customer expectations in a matrix reporting organization.
- Ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence
suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders in a matrixed
organization; ability to build strong relationships.
- Continuous Improvement (CI) leadership.
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior and
executive level leadership.
- Able to travel 30% domestically and internationally (when
current circumstances permit).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience working with Department of Defense customers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a highly regulated
manufacturing environment, preferably in the defense industry.
- Strong understanding of the Toyota production system
- Technical/Engineering knowledge and understanding with a degree
obtained in an engineering related discipline.
- Experience managing a team of professionals within a matrixed
organization with a value stream environment.
- PMP certification
- Security clearance or ability to obtain clearance upon
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader
in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the
global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace's Aerostructures business is a world leader in
the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the
aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle
technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and
supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our
innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world's
newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet
platforms. And we're not stopping there: we're working hard to
create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter
and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products
division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced,
high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products
for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we're
pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We
believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver
the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We
are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong
ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require
a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Riverside , Tactical Aircraft Program Manager, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!