Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Posted on: May 7, 2022
UNFI is searching for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to
oversee all aspects of warehouse and transportation maintenance
throughout our distribution center in Riverside CA. Do you want to
be a part of a mission that matters? UNFI is North America's
Premier Food Wholesaler. We transform the world of food for our
associates, customers, suppliers and the families we serve every
day. With deeper full store selection and compelling brands for
every aisle, built on an unmatched heritage in great food and fresh
thinking. And smarter food solutions, from fulfillment to insights
and beyond, that help entrepreneurs and major brands alike unlock
their full potential and transform their businesses - for the
better. Better Food. Better Future. Overview: Responsible for
supervising the vendors/staff that ensure that the building and
grounds are operating efficiently. Ensures that the facility is
maintained at a high level, snow removal is performed in a timely
manner when needed, and cleanliness and safety standards are
upheld. May maintains departmental records, logs, and files,
answers and directs telephone calls and questions. Essential
Functions and Duties:
- Responsible for effective communication, coordination, and
working relationships with external clients, customers,
contractors, and officials.
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion
of facility maintenance functions.
- Initiates and negotiates bids with contractors.
- Monitor's utilization of equipment, facilities, and
- Monitors all engineering operations for compliance with
established safety policies and regulations.
- Trains, advises, and counsels employees and provides
suggestions to improve performance and productivity.
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication,
coordination, and working relationships with Company personnel and
- Works closely with other departments to maintain schedules and
implement changes and revisions in operational procedures.
- Assists in OSHA reviews as requested
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location
- May maintain budgets and future estimates for individual
projects.Education and Required Knowledge:
- Associate degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- Excellent understanding of facility management procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing
agreements.Experience and Skills:
- One to three years of related experience preferred
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and
- Good math skills.
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran
status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating
an inclusive and respectful environment for all. -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor Additional
Keywords: UNFI, Riverside , Facility Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!