Staff Physician - M.D. or D.O.
Company: Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest
Posted on: November 23, 2022
As a Staff Physician, M.D. or D.O., you will get to participate
in and ensure overall quality medical care across the affiliate.
This will include providing direct patient care and serves as a
consultant to midlevel clinicians; collaborating with members of
the Clinical Services and Health Center Operations teams; ensuring
the provision of high quality, cost effective, medical care and
excellent customer services provided by staff. The ideal candidate
will have an active M.D. or D.O. license, experience with the full
range of obstetrical and gynecologic care, including first and
second trimester abortion, permanent contraception,
colposcopy/cryotherapy, LEEP, other gynecologic surgery, full range
of contraception provision and management of gynecologic
emergencies; as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the
ability to work as a team with mid-level clinicians; the ability to
communicate effectively with clients and co-workers of all
backgrounds; excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Outlook, and the internet; a willingness to be on-call for
patient emergencies; willing to cross-cover in our three county
region (Riverside, San Diego and Imperial Counties) when needed;
and is supportive of the mission and goals of Planned Parenthood.
Commitment to quality healthcare. In this role, you'll get to:
- Change lives.
- Build relationships with providers in the medical community and
specifically with hospital medical staff to ensure continuity of
patient care and services.
- Provide clinical training and education for staff, and
participate in continuing medical education conferences,
in-services, and other training opportunities for mid-level
providers and physicians.
- Participate in the quality assurance program
- Maintain up-to-date clinical skills in the field of gynecology
and reproductive health.
- Provide high quality medical care to patients in accordance
with accepted standard of care.
- Provide consultation services for mid-level providers and
medical doctors within the affiliate.
- Take overnight home call for emergencies related to patients of
- Participate in abortion care, complex care clinic including
gender affirming hormone provision and care, and other gyn surgical
procedures at one of the area hospitals affiliated with PPPSW.
- Participate in routine gynecologic care such as provision of
medical abortion, colposcopy, LEEP, contraception provision, and
screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established
goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Support risk and quality management by proactively
communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize
risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSW's Code of Conduct and maintain the highest
level of professional and ethical standards
- Attend Board meetings in the absence of the Medical Director,
- Participate in fund-raising or public relations events, as
- Serve as a role model of professionalism in the affiliate. What
we're looking for:
- An active M.D. or D.O. license
- Board certified or Board eligible
- Experience with full range of obstetrical and gynecologic care,
including first and second trimester abortion, permanent
contraception, colposcopy/cryotherapy, LEEP, other gynecologic
surgery, full range of contraception provision and management of
gynecologic emergencies. PI196234408
Keywords: Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, Riverside , Staff Physician - M.D. or D.O., Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!