Staff Research Associate
Company: University of California - Riverside
Posted on: February 13, 2019
STAFF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
8AM - 5PM
$57,108 - $91,896
The Stem Cell Center at the University of California, Riverside, invites applications for a Staff Research Associate in our Stem Cell Core Facility. The Staff Research Associate will help enhance the Stem Cell Core by providing direct services to Stem Cell Core Facility users and produce new tools, services, and cell lines for laboratories to expand their research projects. The Staff Research Associate will provide materials for the research of other labs, not conduct research of their own. This full-time, fiscal-year position is initially for one year, with possibility of reappointment contingent on funding.
Candidates must have a degree in the life sciences with training in stem cell biology. Advanced experience in pluripotent stem cell culture is required. Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of experience in cell culture, stem cell differentiation, cell biology, and molecular biology techniques.
Candidates with a PhD in the life sciences and extensive experience in operating equipment in the Core is a preferred qualification. Also preferred is a demonstrated ability to set up, learn to operate, maintain, and trouble shoot new equipment that the Core acquires in the future.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position
Keywords: University of California - Riverside, Riverside , Staff Research Associate, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!