Posted on: August 17, 2019
51871 Job Category:
Professional Position Type:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since
1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals
providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water,
energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive,
cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative
problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every
day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to
client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and
thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and
civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with
innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated,
award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their
objectives - from project inception through design and execution.
Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together,
Kleinfelder Construction Services is seeking an experienced
Structures Representative to join our Construction Management team
and to manage and continue expanding our successful portfolio of
projects in the Inland Empire.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to
grow into a leadership and management role in our well-established
firm. Why consider a role with Kleinfelder* Not only are we
well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies
responsibility, accountability, and authority the pillars of
leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by
side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will
be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy
As the Structures Representative, responsibilities include the
* Manage/administer construction of bridges and structural
components of transportation projects.
* Assist in inspections to verify compliance with contract plans,
specifications, and special provisions on all aspects of structural
construction such as bridges, foundations, walls, falsework,
shoring, and drainage structures.
* Provide direction to Assistant Structures Representatives and
* Utilize 4 scale drawings to develop/check critical bridge
* Monitor and inspect pre-stressing operations.
* Review shop drawings such as falsework, shoring, and pre-stressed
* Assist in the preparation of contract change orders, contract
estimates, progress pay estimates, and other documents or reports
required for the Project.
* Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to
monitor compliance with contract specifications.
* Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and
monthly reports as required.
* Coordinate with Resident Engineer, as well as the construction
staking and material testing consultants.
* Verify that contractor is in compliance with contract
* Prepare various Structures Construction Reports.
* Preparation of daily diaries and quantity sheets.
* Read and interpret plans & specifications.
* Minimum 10 years of bridge or structural construction inspection
as related to major public works projects and a minimum of 4 years
as a Structures Representative on major public works projects
* Specific project experience with Caltrans, SANDAG, OCTA, SBCTA,
TCA and/or other southern California municipalities very
* Knowledge of stress analysis, structural mechanics, and strength
* Knowledge of Caltrans construction practices and the physical
characteristics and properties of various bridge construction
materials including concrete.
* Experience in the following areas: foundations, pile driving,
concrete prestressing, bridge deck construction, cast-in-place and
MSE walls construction, falsework, and shoring.
* Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the
construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning
construction work in progress and solving field problems.
* Ability to direct the efforts of Assistant Structures
Representatives and Inspectors.
* Ability to use an automatic level and transit for the purpose of
verifying line and grade.
* Thorough understanding of Caltrans field methods, practices, and
construction office procedures.
* Proficient at reading and interpreting plans &
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are
* Excellent organization and problem solving skills are
* Professional approach at developing strong client relations.
* B.S. Civil Engineering or related required. PE in California
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA
and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes
from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed
Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree
to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the
event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a
previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the
right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume,
including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the
property of Kleinfelder.
Keywords: Kleinfelder, Riverside , Structures Representative, Other , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!