Forklift Operator Virtual Hiring Event
Company: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Posted on: November 16, 2021
We are looking for a Forklift Operator who will join our mulch
and soil manufacturing plant in Riverside, CA.The Forklift Operator
is responsible for operating a forklift or other equipment to move,
locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is
accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and
may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker
duties.What you'll do in this role:
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of
- Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact
number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets
customer service standards.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into
rail cars or trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials
using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away,
and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat,
clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the
forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following
prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight
inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.What you'll need to be
- Preferred education level is a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one year experience operating a
- Must be able to do basic math functions such as adding,
subtracting and dividing.
- Must be able to read orders for picking and staging of
- Must be able to complete the pre-shift inspection forms. Must
be able to pass the Scotts forklift exams and obtain and maintain a
valid operator's licenseWhat we do for you (just to list a few cool
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental
and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual &
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four
employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black
Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11
holidaysTechnical requirementsAfter signing up, you will be sent an
email with instructions on how to connect.Please be prepared to
join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or
mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check
to see if your network connection can support an online session. A
plugged in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help
avoid time delays during your conversation.What to prepare
- Please bring a resume if you have one.Preferred dress
codeCasual (come as you are, but please be presentable)About The
Scotts Miracle-Gro CompanyWe're in the business of growing great
things. Our industry-leading lawn, garden and outdoor living
products and services all work to make a beautiful world. Our
brands are trusted to meet unique consumer needs - whether it's
products in natural and organic or solutions for indoor and urban
gardening. We are constantly listening to our consumers so we can
develop the products they need.What is a virtual interview?Virtual
interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they are
not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process,
employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video or phone)
to see if you meet the requirements for the job.
Keywords: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Riverside , Forklift Operator Virtual Hiring Event, Professions , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!